Our City Online

Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Any "regular people" restaurants open thanksgiving?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Everyday Chit Chat Any "regular people" restaurants open thanksgiving?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

cadillackid
    Participant

I usually find myself being the one cooking up the massive spread each year.. this year I took a break… thought maybe id get invited somewhere.. nope im on outcast..

so now its weds night and I have no reservations nor interest in eating at a foofy 5 star restaraunt.. however id like something a little nicer than a waffle house.. dont get me wrong they are great but really not what im into for thanksgiving..

so whats open thats decent and I stand a chance of not beng laughed out asking for a table of a ‘1’ top and no reservations.. I got plenty of money and a car so those are not obstacles here..

go! help an outcast Geek out finding some grub! on turkey day!
    -Christopher

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

If you didn’t see this already. LINK.

Hae Paul’s is open from 12pm to 4pm, I think you would be more than happy with that choice, based on your requirements.

Happy Thanksgiving!

lazyfish
    lazyfish
    Participant

not sure most of those count as regular folk fare.

GCrites80s
    Participant

We’re eating at a Max & Erma’s tomorrow. No reservations.

L.I. to Buckeye
    Participant

I think I read that Bob Evans restaurants are open from 8am-8pm on Thanksgiving.

ColumbusTime
    ColumbusTime
    Participant

Cracker Barrel, Boston market (I believe), Golden Corral, are all open.
    It’s the busiest day of the year for Cracker Barrel. I would be surprised if Bob Evans was open. Used to live across from one and it was closed every year.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Waffle House is open 24/7/365.

Not sure if eating there makes you regular or irregular.

I’ll add this to the pile:

http://www.maplegroveumc.org

I have lots of friends who opt for this destination at noon. It’s a nice, community oriented Thanksgiving hang-out. Bonus: I can almost promise that no-one will try to “save” you.

drew
    Participant

If you’re on the adventurous side (not sure what’s meant by regular people food…) most immigrant restaurants will be open, and none of them will even think twice about someone eating alone. It’s just another day for them, by and large.

Last Thanksgivings we had a meal at Mi Li Cafe.

cadillackid
    Participant

thanks for the tips!!!

max and ermas looks like my place of choice! called german village and they are open till 9 with their full menu.. yum!!

by regular people food I meant not foofy fancy stuff or ethnic stuff…

I have gone to waffle house on thanksgiving before and it ended up being a bunch of people crying syrup on their waffles about how they didnt have anyone or anyplace to go.. im into more of a positive and festive atmosphere.. im driving so I can indulge in any cocktails but yummy food I sure can!!!

I do know bob evans(some of them) is open as a friend that works there is working today.
    I have also noticed driving around that after 4 pm several local pizza shops are opening up.

Starbucks (many of them) are open now.. I had my tea and wrote a good amount of code at german village this AM..

-Christopher

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The forum ‘Everyday Chit Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: