Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Any place that plays good house music?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A Any place that plays good house music?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

tornangel012
    Participant

That is hopefully NOT on vine street or related to any of those bars/clubs ~shudder~

I was just conversing with some friends the other night how there used to be Red Zone and Mecca back in the day and now where do you go? I mean JUST HOUSE not a lil house there and a lot of rap and pop.

BTW Disney House is pretty awesome, that’s right DISNEY HOUSE! MICKEY MOUSE>>>>>>>>>

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Bristol on a regular basis.

BoMA for some big names coming to town.

And I think perhaps Mynt on an occasional basis still does some house nights?

If you weren’t so opposed to Park Street, I’d recommend some of the summertime patio house nights. I haven’t been since the revamp, but they brought in some great names last summer and I enjoyed the couple shows I made it too. Not your usual Park St vibe if you go on the right night. ;)

titleistcm
    Participant

Mynt plays some very good stuff upstairs but the main room is not house. It is quite a shame that none of the good night spots downtown play house music on a regular basis. I think folks would like it and support it in Columbus if the places would play GOOD cutting edge house music like you hear in Chicago not the old Darude type stuff.

enzo
    Participant

Bristol. Actually, when James Brown is at Bar23 he has some great house music….love love love him…not really space for dancing.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Oh, I almost forgot, Midislut & Jondy are starting up a house night at Eleven on the cap:

::DJ’[email protected] on the Cap Begins Saturday May 2!::

tornangel012
    Participant

Thanks for all the feedback. I always think of Bristol as the “party in the ghetto” haha but it really is a nice place. I think I always get stuck there on bad nights. Like the last time I was there some experimental light/sound artists was spinning and it was just awful and gave me a headache.

enzo
    Participant

Yes Mynt does play some good stuff upstairs…..I am hopeful the Vault will be a great house music place Friday night!!

scottlitch
    Participant

Bristol Saturdays for underground house. It’s not every week though so check the thread to see what kind of music is playing. The last 2 weeks were on the techno/house tip with Titonton 2 weeks ago and Reference last week. This week will be a mixture of house, electro, indie and disco. Quality is the first Saturday in April and is sure to be great.

Squared
    Participant

If anyone is looking for house music, techno, or any other similar, related styles, check out:

quality

Quality started in 2004 at Global Nightclub and features resident DJs Jason “Lemon” Lyman, Doug Black, Mike “Midislut” Poe, Jeff Pons, Travis “Arecibo” Owens, and Xavier Mathais. Since then Quality has hosted events at Lotus, Bristol Bar, Barcelona, Eleven, and Basil.

https://www.facebook.com/qualityhousemusic

Squared
    Participant

squared[/url]

Specializing in events that showcase underground DJ talent, internationally-renowned electronic music legends, and accomplished live acts. Our event’s playlists are dedicated to cutting-edge, future-forward music.

[/url]

Squared
    Participant

Squared
    Participant

Squared

Columbus-based electronic dance music event producers. Delivering a mix of cutting-edge techno, house, electro, and more to your wanting ears.

squaredentertainment.com

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The forum ‘Q&A’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE