Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Any Beer Connoisseurs?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Everyday Chit Chat Any Beer Connoisseurs?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author

pixiecrinkle
    Participant

ches08 wrote >>
    It was like 9 bucks for a 12 ounce bottle. I’ll ask to see if he’s tried that one!

That would be the 120 Minute IPA. My sister was with me when I bought my two bottles for $20 and thought I was nuts.

Hael

pixiecrinkle wrote >>

ches08 wrote >>
    It was like 9 bucks for a 12 ounce bottle. I’ll ask to see if he’s tried that one!

That would be the 120 Minute IPA. My sister was with me when I bought my two bottles for $20 and thought I was nuts.

It is a little bit nuts, but hey, you can’t take that cash with you when you enter the clearing at the end of the path.

ches08
    Participant

pixiecrinkle wrote >>

ches08 wrote >>

no, we have the 120 IPA here somehow? but he said it was “world wide stout”

pixiecrinkle
    Participant

Ah yes, that would be the other one … I just can’t stomach stouts unfortunately.

Where have you found 120 minute in Ohio? I have searched high and low for it, for the better part of two years and never have come across it. It’s 20% ABV, so I didn’t think it was legal here, even with the barleywine law. I would be thrilled to find it locally!

Mister Shifter
    Participant

It’s not available in Ohio.

I’ve been saving up a few for special occaisons :)

Bottle reads: “What you have here is the holy grail for hopheads. This beer is continually hopped for a 120-minute boil and then dry-hopped every day for a month. Enjoy now or age for a decade or so.”

I took this pic awhile back, I have no idea why I’m making this face.

ches08
    Participant

i asked him. he actually got it on a “beer trade” with someone from a different state. oops! sorry!

ches08
    Participant

ches08
    Participant

pixiecrinkle
    Participant

Hael wrote >>
    I’m very curious to try a beer from Dogfishhead called Midas Touch. When King Midas’ tomb was found they took the bottles that held the brew entombed with him and analyzed them for ingredients.

Found this tonight. The Giant Eagle in Clintonville has expanded their beer selection a bit since they’ve remodeled and has had several Dog Fish Head beers available lately. (this is bad, since I virutally live behind the store.) Tonight they actually had the Midas Touch — about $15 for a 4-pack. I found the Theobroma at Pace High a few weeks ago too, but haven’t cracked it open yet.

patient_zero
    Participant

I’m eager to try Matilda Belgian Style Pale Ale by Goose Island Brewery. It’s sold in 4 packs at the Kroger Marketplace in the Brewery District.

I find their 312 Urban Wheat Ale to be very good.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

I’ve had Matilda a few times and it’s a VERY solid Belgian style pale ale made by an American brewery. I’ve had lots of BPA’s from stateside breweries, and this is one of the very few that gives the real Belgian’s a run for their money.

I think Goose Island’s Pere Jacques, their dubbel, is a better beer and a superior take on Belgian brewing. Definitely seek that one out if you like the style.

Both are top notch.

patient_zero
    Participant

Mister Shifter wrote >>
    I’ve had Matilda a few times and it’s a VERY solid Belgian style pale ale made by an American brewery.

Thanks Mr. S for your thoughts on Matilda and your recommendation on their dubbel. Both are on my short list now.

Classy “new” avatar BTW. It reminds me of a happy moment at a wedding.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

No prob :)

That would be because it WAS a happy moment at my wedding a few weeks ago.

patient_zero
    Participant

Mister Shifter wrote >>
    No prob :)
    That would be because it WAS a happy moment at my wedding a few weeks ago.

Oh man. Congrats! You look SO happy. Best wishes to you both. PM me if you are heading to a CU meet up and I’ll treat you to a beer.

BCNation
    Participant

I went out the other night with a girl named Stella….

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)

The forum ‘Everyday Chit Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: