Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Android - News & Discussion

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Android – News & Discussion

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Caleb
    Caleb
    Participant

Android 4.4 KitKat lets you say ‘OK Google’ to activate touchless search

By Joseph Volpe

Oct 31st, 2013 at 2:01 PM

Nexus5lede.jpg

“Okay Google.” Those Touchless Controls aren’t just for the Moto X anymore — they’re now part and parcel of the Nexus 5. With today’s unveiling of Google’s (terribly leaked) Nexus 5, we’re getting a first look at Android 4.4 KitKat on the handset, and that OS update comes with some significant tweaks to Search and Now. For starters, Nexus 5 users will have the ability to set hot keywords as a means of activating or “waking up” Now voice search. So, presumably, this means you’ll be able to link any word you’d like to start barking voice commands at Now.

Just don’t be surprised if Now talks back to you: KitKat also apparently allows for a dialogue of sorts between users and the handset to refine search queries. This could be especially useful when directing Now to access contacts by first name. For example, saying “Text Jennifer” could result in it asking you to specify, “Which Jennifer?” It’s smart control made smarter.

READ MORE HERE.

Just bought the 32gb white version. So pumped.

bastardsuperstar
    Participant

key lime pie was a better name.

Caleb
    Caleb
    Participant

I_am_Father_McKenzie said:
    Just bought the 32gb white version. So pumped.

Tell me how it is! I’m thinking about getting it.

groundrules
    Participant

reading this kind of stuff makes me realize how few of my phone features/capabilities I actually take advantage of.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION