Our City Online

Messageboard - Shopping

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

American Apparel May Go Out of Business

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Shopping American Apparel May Go Out of Business

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

News
    Participant

Success, with less sex, for American Apparel

American Apparel has “substantial doubt” it will stay in business, the company said Monday. The clothing brand has been struggling for some time, and news it’s nearing collapse came as American Apparel (APP) reported a net loss of $19.4 million for last quarter.

READ MORE: http://money.cnn.com/2015/08/18/news/companies/american-apparel/

OneBagTravel
    Participant

Best marketing in the business ^_^

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

Why would anyone buy anything there if you can find the same thing or something very similar for half the price at H&M, Gap, or a number of other stores?

OneBagTravel
    Participant

Why would anyone buy anything there if you can find the same thing or something very similar for half the price at H&M, Gap, or a number of other stores?

Made in USA (actually in a “sweat shop” in LA but still made here)

mrsgeedeck
    Participant

AA has always struck me as a store that sells the basics (aside from their leggings/stocking selection) Paying $40 for a pair of leggings doesn’t really have that much appeal, when as JasonPowell notes, I can get a similar item for half the cost elsewhere.
    Curious how this will affect their local stores, the Short North location is pretty prominent.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Curious how this will affect their local stores, the Short North location is pretty prominent.

The Short North store is their only location in the region.

And I’d imagine it would close if the company were to go out of business. ;)

Josh Miller
    Josh Miller
    Participant

AA was bold enough to take on a prominent storefront space at 5th & High back in the day when there was still a massive gap between ShoNo and campus; they have my loyalty over H&M and the Gap any day once I finally lose enough winter weight to fit into their clothes again, lol

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

Surprising with how many graphic tee places use their shirts as shells. Seems to me if they are having money problems maybe closing all the shops and focusing on selling wholesale to printers could solve some issues.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘Shopping’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE