Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

American Addition - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development American Addition – News & Updates

This topic contains 12 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  andrewmiller 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Stephen43215
    Stephen43215
    Participant
    Stephen43215
    Stephen43215
    Participant

So Extreme Makeover Home edition is kicking off this project with a new build home for a very lucky family!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

New Construction in American Addition Signals Neighborhood Rebirth
    By: Walker

Ground was broken last week on four new homes in the American Addition neighborhood, signaling the start of a renovation effort being led by Homeport.

“These revitalization efforts in American Addition are an outstanding example of the strategic use of NSP2 funds by the city,” said Homeport President and CEO Amy Klaben at the groundbreaking ceremony. “We are bringing high-quality, energy-efficient homes and ready home buyers to a neighborhood close to downtown and in the vicinity of the new STEM school.”

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/new-construction-in-american-addition-signals-neighborhood-rebirth

News
    Participant

Four homes mark start of revitalization project
    By Mark Ferenchik
    The Columbus Dispatch
    Sunday November 13, 2011 9:35 AM

Constance Ghee is happy to see the four new homes rising across the street from her Lee Avenue house. “Oh, sure. It’s going to be nice,” Ghee said. The four are to be the vanguard of more than 100 houses that Columbus officials and neighborhood leaders hope will revive a long-neglected area that is one of the oldest African-American communities in central Ohio.

READ MORE: http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2011/11/13/four-homes-mark-start-of-revitalization-project.html

News
    Participant

City: New homes rising in historic black neighborhood
    Wednesday November 16, 2011 5:50 PM
    By John Ross
    Columbus Alive

Drive north on Joyce Avenue, past industrial parks and over railroad tracks, and you’ll see the humble entrance to a forgotten neighborhood not far from East Fifth Avenue. You might pass it except for a small, white sign on your right-hand side. The area is tiny, and a good deal of the houses sit on large lots with the kind of trees and grasses you might see on an old farm. The narrow, quiet streets lack sidewalks, storm sewers and curbs.

READ MORE: http://www.columbusalive.com/content/stories/2011/11/17/city-new-homes-rising-in-historic-black-neighborhood.html

Asch

If anyone likes short docs, I thought the American Addition interviews from Homeport were interesting. vimeo.com/homeportohio/videos

.If you can be suffering sort menstrual cramps you want to try various tea.And also helping diminish the soreness of cramping pains, chamomile tea doubles to manage your phase.Chamomile could also help alleviate those debilitating backaches that are included in your reoccurring cycle.

Chamomile will help uou when you can be sick using a cold and the flu in addition.The tea can assist soothe any sore tonsils, or tummy cramps, and sore muscle tissue, or all kinds of other drama

Other About Train blog

Prom

About dearweddingdress.com blog

News
    Participant

Park #17: American Addition Park – Columbus
    Sunday, July 15, 2012

Urban boonies was the only thought that came to mind when I set foot in American Addition. After stepping off the bus at around 7 something in the AM, I was greeted by the sound of a rooster crowing. Very weird. As I walked around the neighborhood, It seemed somewhat abandoned. Not abandoned like my part of town where there are so many boarded up historic homes (1/10th, 1/20th of the buildings maybe?) with crack dealer slits cut in the wood covering the windows. It just seemed like a chunk of buildings were either never there or were never built. Something wasn’t making sense. It was not a huge subdivision, and yes it was across from a dump and there were railroad tracks to the south and west, but it seemed there was too much space, too much… nothing???

READ MORE: http://columbusparkspics.blogspot.com/2012/07/park-17-american-additioin-park.html

Stephen43215
    Stephen43215
    Participant

Most of the streets in American Addition gave me the vibe of some of the neighborhoods I visited in Detroit.. very empty with alot of grown up property. I did drive through a month ago and noticed several new homes going up.

Digital Dave
    Participant

Thanks for the props for my blog. American Addition really is a unique place in Columbus and it was really cool to stumble onto it during the course of my silly Columbus Parks Project thing. Can’t wait to see what the next year brings for the Addition folks.

News
    Participant

Major Infrastructure Upgrade, More Houses Planned for American Addition
    Published on April 14, 2013 9:15 am
    By: Brent Warren

Efforts to revitalize and repopulate American Addition received a major shot in the arm earlier this month when funding for a long-planned infrastructure upgrade was approved by the Columbus City Council.

Abigail Mack, home ownership directer for Homeport, says they are thrilled to see the project move forward. “The city’s been a really good partner,” she said, adding that Homeport’s plan to build more than 100 new houses in the neighborhood depends on the improvements being made.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/major-infrastructure-upgrade-more-houses-planned-for-american-addition

News
    Participant

First Phase of American Addition Improvements Complete
    November 6, 2014 7:10 am – Brent Warren

The first phase of infrastructure improvements for the American Addition neighborhood are complete, bringing sidewalks, streetlights, and a curb-and-gutter storm drainage system to the small collection of houses just east of Joyce Avenue on the city’s northeast side.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/first-phase-of-american-addition-improvements-complete-bw1

andrewmiller
    Participant

If you’d like to provide feedback related to Homeport’s work in American Addition, take a few minutes to fill out this short questionnaire: http://goo.gl/forms/8N4nPa9Nxt

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.