Our City Online

Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Amazon moving into delivering groceries (CA and expanding to 20 cities)

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Everyday Chit Chat Amazon moving into delivering groceries (CA and expanding to 20 cities)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

cbus11 said:
    There has been a lot of traditional brick and mortar grocery expansion in the last few years. If nothing else we will have a plethora of options. Those involved in the grocery business are going to have to keep on their toes.

I think it’s worth noting that a lot of the expansion and renovation is geared more toward a stronger experiential “marketplace” environment as well. In-store wine tastings, foodie events, cooking classes, dine-in restaurant spaces, farmers markets, and a whole bunch of other things that you have to experience in-person. That goes for everything from Whole Foods to Kroger Marketplace to Giant Eagle Market District to The Hills Market and beyond.

It will certainly be interesting to see how things continue to evolve if many customers become content to order their staples online, but still turn more and more to grocery stores for events, prepared foods and on-site dining.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

I can say, without a doubt, that if I could shop North Market online for delivery I would buy way more stuff from there.

cbus11

Walker said:

In-store wine tastings, foodie events, cooking classes, dine-in restaurant spaces, farmers markets, and a whole bunch of other things that you have to experience in-person.

It will certainly be interesting to see how things continue to evolve if many customers become content to order their staples online, but still turn more and more to grocery stores for events, prepared foods and on-site dining.

I agree 100%.

Also, the senior bus has to go somewhere – free samples for all on board. ;)

Coremodels said:
    I can say, without a doubt, that if I could shop North Market online for delivery I would buy way more stuff from there.

Same here. I sometimes find it hard to fit a special trip in with their hours. I imagine I would start finding Amazon Fresh useful if they started carrying a lot of these local shops. Then again, it might not be good for my weight. As it stands now you have to at least do a little work to get it.

bucki12

Walker said:

I never really saw the appeal of eating in a grocery store other than multi-tasking which may be made obsolete by ordering groceries online. There are so many nicer places to eat out in Columbus.

tobyb

Reading this thread makes me think this would be great to have in Columbus.

Shut up and take my money!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

bucki12 said:
    I never really saw the appeal of eating in a grocery store…

I’m with you for the most part, but a lot of other people out there really enjoy it. ;)

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

The forum ‘Everyday Chit Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE