Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Aloha Hawaiian BBQ & Asian Fusion in Grandview

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Aloha Hawaiian BBQ & Asian Fusion in Grandview

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

placebohigh
    Participant

Noticed the other day in the plaza across from Brazenhead on 5th Avenue in Grandview with the Five Guys Burgers and Buffalo Wild Wings that the old defunct Panda Express has a sign up that it’s going to be a new restaurant called Aloha Hawaiian BBQ & Asian Fusion. Seems like a unique pairing and wondered if anyone knew any more info like an opening date or more info on the menu.

poligirl

Oh that is exciting!!

I don’t know anything about this specific restaurant, but these sorts of places are littered across the west coast and are delicious. Note: it is not going to be confused with health food.

The Hawaiian + Asian fusion is actually not an unusual pairing–it’s pretty much the norm. Most of the places will do a traditional plate with additional options like chicken katsu or teriyaki chicken.

poligirl

Sorry for the double post.

cc

that Panda Express didn’t last long…

rus
    rus
    Participant

poligirl wrote >>
    Oh that is exciting!!
    I don’t know anything about this specific restaurant, but these sorts of places are littered across the west coast and are delicious. Note: it is not going to be confused with health food.
    The Hawaiian + Asian fusion is actually not an unusual pairing–it’s pretty much the norm. Most of the places will do a traditional plate with additional options like chicken katsu or teriyaki chicken.

Liking the way that sounds… reminds me of pineapple pork satay…

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Hrm. I’d love some place that served the food that Anne & I had while on our honeymoon on the Big Island. Would probably be right up your alley, Rus. Lots of deep-fried seafood, sticky rice, mayo-heavy macaroni salad or potato salad, fried Spam, and yellow sauces that seemed mayo-based. It was all awesome but felt like we were consuming 3000 calories with every meal. A few photos:

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Twixlen
    Participant

Seriously? There was just a multi-tweet conversation about Spam, and now this. The universe is clearly leading me down a path of canned, even jellied meats.

pinkgloomy
    Participant

I need some spam sushi!

rus
    rus
    Participant

pinkgloomy wrote >>
    I need some spam sushi!

damn… now that brings back memories…

placebohigh
    Participant

Just drove by! They’re open!

tolemac5050
    Participant
    rus
    rus
    Participant

placebohigh
    Participant

Tried Aloha Hawaiian BBQ & Asian Bistro tonight for dinner (it’s only been open 2 days now) and was pleasantly surprised. Little has changed from the previous design scheme of the former Panda Express that used to be here but the food is definitely better. It’s a walk up to the counter and order and they bring it to you kind of place. The menu is a mix of Asian and Hawaiian entrees and features short ribs, BBQ chicken, teriyaki chicken, chicken kansu (panko crusted chicken), beef and some fried seafood specialties like shrimp and mahi mahi. The price point is super affordable – under $8 affordable. And you get a meat entree, steamed rice and a macaroni salad with the Hawaiian dishes.

Tried the chicken kansu with kansu sauce. Found the macaroni salad very tasty and the panko chicken crispy and a great complement to the sweet, tangy sauce. Also tried the BBQ chicken with a really flavorful teriyaki sauce. Very much recommend this place. Hope it does well! It’s also good for families and kids (there were quite a few there when I was there).

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Awesome! :D

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: