Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

All Purpose Cycling Thread

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion All Purpose Cycling Thread

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 89 total)
  • Author

CyclingExplorer
    Participant

A ‘Bike View’ – Blacklick Creek Trail – Three Creeks to Groveport – Columbus Ohio

CyclingExplorer
    Participant

Scioto Trail Closure Alert:

The Scioto Trail will be closed on Monday, August 25th all day. The contractor will be working from about 7am to 5pm, mainly to bring large structures across the trail using trucks and a crane. Signage will be placed on the trail at points near Grandview Ave and the Post Office indicating the closure, with physical barriers closer to the area of work. Work is subject to weather, but Monday is the only anticipated day for the closure.

– Metro Parks Greenways

CyclingExplorer
    Participant

A ‘Bike View’ of Scioto Trail – Hilltop bridge to Boat House – Columbus Ohio

t
    t
    Participant

STOLEN SURLY LHT; “frappichino” color w/ honey tan Brooks saddle, black fenders, white bar tape

CyclingExplorer
    Participant

The groundbreaking ceremony for the Alum Creek Trail at Ohio Dominican University with Mayor Michael Coleman.

CyclingExplorer
    Participant

A ‘Bike View’ – Alum Creek Trail – Easton to Westerville – Columbus Ohio

A ride from Easton Soccer Fields to Westerville using the Alum Creek Trail in Columbus Ohio. There are a few shots of the construction area at the start of the video at Easton.

CyclingExplorer
    Participant

Blacklick Creek Trail – Why an unfinished section?

Between Pickerington Ponds and Blacklick Park is an uncompleted section under Norfolk and Southern railroad tracks. I will explain why it is not completed even though discussion have gone on for years.

CyclingExplorer
    Participant

Apparently this did not take the first time. Sorry if this shows up twice.

Blacklick Creek Trail – Why an unfinished section?

Between Pickerington Ponds and Blacklick Park is an uncompleted section under Norfolk and Southern railroad tracks. I will explain why it is not completed even though discussion have gone on for years.

CyclingExplorer
    Participant

A ‘Bike View’ – Connector between Alum Creek & Scioto Trails using I670 – Columbus Ohio

CyclingExplorer
    Participant

Once the construction connects Alum Creek Trail at Ohio Dominican and also at Easton, this is what you will see. I start at Brittany Hills Trail Head parking just north of Ohio Dominican on Sunbury, head north till I hit the boardwalk at Innis Park and show some of the construction happening at that end.

CyclingExplorer
    Participant

Here is the video of what you can expect to see on the trail from ODU north. One of the bridges is coming along, there are a few bogs, a future boardwalk, and where the bridge will cross Alum Creek up north again. Was a muddy walk today!

CyclingExplorer
    Participant

Yesterday, I showed you ODU side of the Alum Creek Trail construction update and today is the Innis Park to Easton as a walk thru.

CyclingExplorer
    Participant

Today’s ride is from Three Creeks Confluence area down to the Log House in Groveport using the Blacklick Creek Trail. Round Trip is under 10 miles. Restrooms at both ends as well as shelter houses. There is a nice lake behind the Log House to explore too. If you want to go a little farther, you may want to check out Lock 22.

CyclingExplorer
    Participant

Check out a bike view of Columbus’ newest Trail – Mudsock Trail.

CyclingExplorer
    Participant

For those who want to see another perspective of Mudsock Trail – Franks Park to Spindler Dog Park.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 89 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below:

Support Journalism. Drink Coffee!

We’ve partnered with our friends at Stauf’s to bring you this limited-edition coffee blend celebrating 20 years of CU! Every purchase supports our mission of serving the community award-winning local journalism!

CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE