Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Alana's

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Alana’s

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 74 total)
  • Author

Tigertree

My wife and I ate at Alana’s last night. I have to admit I was skeptical because it has been so built up and we parked between two prius’ and a smart car. It ended up being, hands down, the best dining experience we have had since we moved to Columbus. It was one of those meals where you savor every bite. The portions were more than adequate, which is always my fear with a nice restaurant… I can’t wait to take everyone that comes to town to this place.

lifeliberty
    Participant

Coreroc

Alana’s will never let you down EVER!! Alana and Kevin are two of the nicest people in the world and know and love the product the sell. I have a birthday dinner there soon and cannot wait.

By the way you can’t beat the environment and dishes there on Valentines Day!!!

Bear
    Participant

Just blows you away, doesn’t it? Glad you guys enjoyed yourselves. And although you can spend a lot there, much of what’s on the menu is actually quite reasonable by nice-restaurant standards.

JonMyers
    Participant

This is one of the few places in Columbus where even the food and experience exceeds the hype. I love this place.

Mercurius
    Participant

Jon Christensen is a hack.

berdawn

I’ve been to alana’s a handful of times and it’s always fantastic.

michaelcoyote
    Participant

Alana’s is awesome!!

My only “sort of” gripe about Alana’s (the location) is completely quashed by the knowledge that she would rather spend her money on the food and the service than the location..

I can’t think of a place I’d rather eat out.. Great food and great service every time…

berdawn

what don’t you like about the location?

MTBUSH

Spring/Summer, try the Smoked Salmon Cheese Cake. In the fall/Winter try the Mojo loaf.

duttonkj

Their early bird special on Saturdays (5-6pm) is hard to beat. 3 courses for $25

catnfiddle
    Participant

I should make a reservation there for the Rockmaster’s and my anniversary. It was one of the first places he took me for dinner before I moved here.

michaelcoyote
    Participant

berdawn wrote >>
    what don’t you like about the location?

Not a fan of north campus.. or campus for that matter.. If it wasn’t for a few restaurants (including Alana’s naturally) I’d never go there..

chaptal
    Participant

Making reservations for my wife and I now.

michaelcoyote
    Participant

duttonkj wrote >>
    Their early bird special on Saturdays (5-6pm) is hard to beat. 3 courses for $25

Wow, I didn’t know this..

Is there still a pasta special on certain weekdays? (Tuesday?)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 74 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns with a “Curated Take Home Box Experience”

CLICK HERE TO PLACE YOUR ORDER