Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Aladdin Shrine Relocating

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Aladdin Shrine Relocating

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

News
    Participant

Dec 6, 2013, 2:56pm EST

Aladdin Shrine agrees to sell to Easton developers, relocate by 2017

Brian R. Ball

Staff reporter – Business First

It took nearly 13 years but Easton’s developers have apparently prevailed in getting control of the last major piece of land bounded by Stelzer Road, Easton Way, Morse Road and Interstate 270. Sources have told me the Aladdin Shrine Temple membership has agreed to sell off the fraternal organization’s 82,000-square-foot facility at 3850 Stelzer Road.

READ MORE: http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/news/2013/12/06/aladdin-shrine-agrees-to-sell-to.html?ana=RSS&s=article_search

Analogue Kid
    Participant

This opens up the perfect spot for an Ikea…

News
    Participant

EXCLUSIVE: Aladdin Shrine moving to Grove City as it exits Easton
    Dec 19, 2014, 2:27pm EST
    Brian R. Ball
    Staff reporter – Columbus Business First

The Aladdin Shrine Event & Conference Center has bought land in Grove City for a relocation and expansion next fall. Public records show Aladdin Shriners Holdings Corp. paid $3.6 million this week for the Grand Oaks Event & Business Center at 1801 Gateway Circle. It also bought an adjacent 5.1-acre vacant parcel for $370,400 and paid $150,400 for another one that’s 1.1 acres.

READ MORE: http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/news/2014/12/19/exclusive-aladdin-shrine-moving-to-grove-city-as.html

lbl
    Participant

an Ikea is not very likely. heard the Shrine parcels will be for more hotels, retail expansion and of course the ever needed parking lots.

wouldn’t it be swell if some of this were marked for a future Easton hub to the Mayor’s proposed rail line from the airport? gosh – that would be too forward thinking for Easton…..

Rahburts
    Participant

It kind of bothers my that something that was actually being used and maintained is forced out without the announcement of a site plan. The giant empty lot across from The Hilton is in sad need for some type of development before they start tearing down sites that actually bring more people into the area. IMHO.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

It kind of bothers my that something that was actually being used and maintained is forced out…

Forced out?

You mean “purchased for $13 million”? Because that’s what the Aladdin Shrine owners decided to cash out for. It’s not like their property was taken through eminent domain.

FunkBrothers
    Participant

I can’t picture IKEA coming into Easton. They mainly choose sites that aren’t considered shopping destinations and they’re now picking locations with a strong urban setting as they have done in St. Louis. Dublin Road/Grandview Avenue or Milo-Grogan would be perfect spots for their location. Centrally located and not far from Ohio State’s campus.

Easton is a work in progress, a planned development. It’s a giant chemistry set that hasn’t been perfected yet. It will take many, many years to become built out. The Aladdin Shrine was out of place for Easton’s planned development. They got a good deal for the property.

Rahburts
    Participant

Good to know. Thanks for the education. I still stand by the land across from the Hilton being developed before they start clearing out more trees for site prep without a solid vision/plan for the area.

lbl
    Participant

I totally agree about all the baron lots that ring the inner Easton development, but I think the Gateway development is placed for maximum highway visability. and the hotels, etc that will be located on the Aladdin parcel will also want this exposure.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: