Our City Online

Messageboard - Art Events

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Agora X

Home Forums Events Art Events Agora X

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

The 10th and Final AGORA takes place on April 13, 2013 at Junctionview Studios.

More details coming soon:

http://www.agoracolumbus.com/

Graybeak
    Participant

I was just reading their website and a couple lines caught my eye.
    ——
    Artists are asked to donate 25% of the sale price of each work to the event to help fund future events.

This year, we will celebrate the end of an era. Agora X will be the last of its kind. At the end of April, Junctionview Studios will close its doors for good, leaving a community legacy of collaboration and production in the creative community.
    ——

Hopefully, though Junctionview is closing, there will still be events like this put on by the same people to help further the causes of the arts here in central Ohio. These recommended donations lead me to believe that.
    Yay.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Coming up on Saturday!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Today’s the day!

News
    Participant

Photos: Agora X at Junctionview Studios
    Published on April 14, 2013 11:00 pm
    By: Logan Miller

The 10th edition of Agora was held on Saturday, April 13th at Junctionview Studios, which is one of the final events for the building that will be closing at the end of the month. The event featured hundreds of works from local artists along with local bands, food vendors, beer, comedians, films, crafts and more.

READ MORE: http://www.columbusunderground.com/photos-agora-x-at-junctionview-studios-lm2

earwig
    Participant

These photos are great. Lots of fantastic art this year. I’m glad to know that many of the residents of Junctionview Studios already have new homes so they can keep making cool shit. Who was the photographer (young guy w/dreads) taking pictures during Earwig’s set? I asked him and then forgot his name. (Logan/Walker maybe you know who he is)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Art Events’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: