Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Aging Hipster getting Hip to Columbus Underground.

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Aging Hipster getting Hip to Columbus Underground.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

We have been hearing great things about Columbus underground and we are looking for a roommate, so this was a great opportunity to join. My boyfriend is from Columbus and I have been here for over 20 years.We both met by our love of local music and activism in the community. We both also left Columbus for about 5 years only to move back because of friends, interests, and cost of living.

I also hang out with my furry canine daughter a lot and love that we have a great dog community here as well. One main reason for me to relocate back to Columbus was the great dog friendly areas here!! Great owners too!! We go to Whetstone and Como to walk a lot. Goodale is a great place as well.

Once we get this whole house thing situated and some sort of organized chaos at our jobs we want to start enjoying Columbus more!! I think that this is a great place to start.

Looking forward to meeting some folks like us and getting a life again. Cheers to all!!

Olivia

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

hello!

Porky
    Porky
    Participant

Welcome!

Do try and make it out to a meet up, they are always a good time and it’s nice to put a face with a username.

Maybe Walker or Anne will put together a CU meetup where we can bring our furry 4 legged friends.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Welcome! :D

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Porky said:
    Maybe Walker or Anne will put together a CU meetup where we can bring our furry 4 legged friends.

There were quite a few patios a few years back that did “doggy happy hour” events, but I think there was a crackdown on it, as it actually violated city code. Something about dogs + food serving establishments.

Perhaps a trip to a dog park would be a better option? I’d be inclined to let someone else organize it since I’m not a pet owner myself. ;)

Tom Over
    Tom Over
    Participant

Olivia, what types of activism interest you and your significant other ?

Tom Over
    Tom Over
    Participant

@ Walker: ‘Pet owner’ ? What do you think of the term ‘pet care-taker’ so as to move away from the idea of anyone owning another living being, especially a dog, given its great awareness ?

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

*troll* activism? Join a watershed group!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

TomOver said:
    @ Walker: ‘Pet owner’ ? What do you think of the term ‘pet care-taker’ so as to move away from the idea of anyone owning another living being, especially a dog, given its great awareness ?

I think you’re overthinking it. ;)

Let’s not derail this new person’s very first introductory thread into something that’s going to shoo them away within their first hour of posting.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Walker said:

Let’s not derail this new person’s very first introductory thread into something that’s going to shoo them away within their first hour of posting.

rofl!!

welcome aging hipster, i too am old now.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

TomOver said:

I just experienced the most painful eyeroll of my life. Stop scaring the new folk. They seem nice.

Tom Over
    Tom Over
    Participant

Walker said:

You, sir, have not answered my question.

Tom Over
    Tom Over
    Participant

osulew said:
    I just experienced the most painful eyeroll of my life. Stop scaring the new folk. They seem nice.

They shouldn’t scare so easily.

10sun

Tom, learn to stop typing and stop the diarrhea that flows from your fingertips sometime.

This was neither the time nor the place for your vegan, born-again-hippy bs.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

marleysdogmom, Have you guys checked out Wheeler Dog Park yet? It’s kinda behind the Vic Village Giant Eagle. It’s a nice place for pups to run around.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.