Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

ACRE Farm-to-Table To-Go

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining ACRE Farm-to-Table To-Go

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Gus W
    Gus W
    Participant

I went there a couple weeks ago. It’s pretty good. The girlfriend loved it.

News
    Participant

Restaurant Review: Acre Farm-to-Table To-Go
    February 11, 2015 10:00 am – Miriam Bowers Abbott

Acre feels something like a start-up cousin to the Northstar Café. Both have counter service, both promote locally-grown sensibilities. Both have rice bowls on the menu.

But at Acre, the counter team wears plaid shirts, while the back of the house wears serious white chef gear (minus poofy hat). And Acre doesn’t have a double-digit beet burger on the menu.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/restaurant-review-acre-farm-to-table-to-go-ma1

squid
    Participant

So I’ve been a couple of times now and I thought I’d share my grumpy overview. I’m fairly hard to please when it comes to good food. Dined in twice, got takeout three or fours times so far.

My wife very much like both our in person visits. The ginger drinks were a big hit as were her salads both trips. No complaints about the restroom (a common theme when we dine out) She did comment that onions are NOT listed for the one (quinoa tabbouleh?) though it heavily drew upon them and she has troubles digesting them. I don’t recall if she was correct but she is normally fairly careful about this.

I’ve tried a couple different dishes based on staff and co-worker suggestions. Most everything has been very good with three standouts:

-Although I’m not a fan of Avocados, they avocado cream sauce is _VERY_ good. Subtle yet tasty.

-The sweet corn cookie is AWESOME! Though a touch too salty. There was a slim older gentleman with gray hair talking to the owner, Todd when I was there one time who told me that this cookie was the best example of a sweet corn cookie I’d ever have. He might be correct. The chocolate chip with a hint of orange zest I liked (wife did NOT like the zest addition), but this sweet corn cookie I could grab an entire tray and enjoy as a meal.

-The Mole’ however is awful. One of the worst examples I’ve had in a LONG time. I tried it twice to see if it was just an off day the first time and no, it was the same soul-less red pepper mess both times. Now don’t get me wrong, I LOVE heat, and it has some mild heat. What it lacks is a good solid flavor component. It seems to be too many things and everything is lost in the shuffle of a mildly spicy red sauce with no soul. This was the only disappointment I’ve had.

Overall, two thumbs up. YES this location has always been mildly annoying to get into/out of in the car, but it is definitely worth the trip. Check it out.

S

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE