Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

ACRE Farm-to-Table To-Go

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining ACRE Farm-to-Table To-Go

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author

News
    Participant

ACRE: Farm-to-Table To-Go Opening this Fall in Clintonville
    August 7, 2014 7:40 am – Ayana Wilson

The farm-to-table movement is alive, well, and delicious. With no shortage of farmers markets and the chefs who support them, Columbus is a town that’s embraced the practice of fresh, local eating.

So when Todd Mills, who had moved to Columbus from the Bay Area, worked with development and marketing for Local Matters, and who most recently, earned his MBA from Fisher College of Business, decided to open his own restaurant, he had a clear plan.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/acre-farm-to-table-to-go-opening-this-fall-in-clintonville-aw1

News
    Participant

Graffiti Burger in Clintonville closes

Feb 11, 2013, 1:30pm EST

Dan Eaton

Staff reporter-Business First

The Graffiti Burger in Clintonville has closed, but the co-owner is promising to put a new restaurant in its place. Jim Torski, who launched Graffiti Burger in 2009 with George Tanchevski, told me that while the fast-casual burger joint closed for good on Sunday, he still controls the 2700 N. High St. space and plans to remodel and reopen – although he wouldn’t say what he was planning yet.

READ MORE: http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/blog/2013/02/graffiti-burger-in-clintonville-closes.html?ana=twt

Pablo
    Participant

I ate there a few times – it was OK. The parking lot lights never worked so it always looked closed in the evenings.

musicfan2
    Participant

never any heat in the one located in Grandview.

FoodFort
    Participant

The site has a lot of challenges – it is very difficult to get in and out of the site due to traffic flow and the height of the driveway. The former White Castle site struggled too – and that is with a light and better traffic flow. Another consideration – Ray Ray’s on the weekends.

Anonymous
    Inactive

This would be a good spot for a Hustler Hollywood store. I hear they’re looking to relocate.

musicfan2
    Participant

how about a bar that sells beer and shows american ball sports on their TV’s, we don’t have any of those at all. <sarcasm>

geoyui
    Participant

musicfan2 said:
    how about a bar that sells beer, burgers, pizza, sandwiches and shows american ball sports on their TV’s, we don’t have any of those at all. <sarcasm>

FTFY

The Nose seconds Food Fort’s sentiment. Ray Ray’s is an awesome choice in the area on weekends.

Roland
    Participant

The Clintonville location never seemed up to par with the rest of the Graffiti Burger locations. Miserable looking employees and a disgusting grease trap leaking in plain view of ordering customers.

I hate to slam GB since I used to be a big fan, but it’s probably a good thing that they are closing. Do something better with the spot.

Graffiti Burger’s story is probably the best example I can come up with for “don’t mess with a good thing.”

No T

Went there a couple times when it opened and just the other day we were thinking how interesting it was that graffiti burger was still open.
    I guess this corner of south Clintonville is a hard sell. Maybe it’s too much on the line of identity between Olde Northe and C-Ville. Probably a giant paved parking lot for food trucks would work, aren’t they supposed to save the world?

RBloodworth
    Participant

It’s not a bad location, per se, but the parking lot is tough to get in and out of (CVS really boxed them in when they built their location a few years back) and incredibly poorly lit. That’s not exactly an inviting atmosphere. Plus- as others have mentioned here and in other threads- the product at GB has just gotten worse over the years, with this location being particularly awful, IMO. I know that Jamie at Ray Ray’s probably won’t be interested in opening a brick-and-mortar location (he’s played that game before and was turned off by the process), but I would love to see either that truck or Mya’s take over in that building. Both trucks have built up a brand loyalty in the area, and would draw customers on a regular basis.

Jman4ever
    Participant

Take it for what it’s worth, but they posted on their facebook page that the Clintonville location is just remodelling, not closing.

That is also consistent with their sign.

columbusmike
    Participant

Roland said:
    Graffiti Burger’s story is probably the best example I can come up with for “don’t mess with a good thing.”

I’d have to say the quality has also gone down too. I’m not sure what they changed, but it sure doesn’t taste as good as it did the first year.

Pablo
    Participant

There’s a sign that says “Talita’s Coming Soon.”

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE