Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

A nice brunch/breakfast option with crepes?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A A nice brunch/breakfast option with crepes?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

fruitjam46

Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone could recommend to me somewhere that has good blintzes or crepes and also mimosas, as I am going out with my family for a graduation brunch and this is what I need to celebrate my four years of schooling!

Thanks!

(Sorry if this post is not in the right place, I’m new at this :oops: )

Crepes have been strongly demanded here and for good reason, but to no avail as far as I know. lizless must be backlogged.

First Watch might be a possibility for a decent crepe, but not likely what you’re looking for.

I’m thinking the Worthington Inn serves crepes with their brunch. You might give them a call.

BetsyB

you may want to check with Lindey’s in German Village…They have a really great breakfast they serve-can’t remember if it included crepes—if the patio is open ask to sit outside…it is really kinda enchanting to sit out there and have brunch.

Manatee
    Manatee
    Participant

My friend Caroline at work is starting a crepe cart, so far has had several successful test runs at small get-togethers.

She is looking for places to make crepes this summer!! So let me know if you have an event you’d like to have crepes at. I’ll pass the word along.

She’s the foodie/good cook type, can’t wait to try this stuff.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Angel

don’t go to first watch, no mimosas. :)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Whole foods has a creperie. They are pretty good. That is about the only place I can think of.

honavery

you may want to check with Lindey’s in German Village…They have a really great breakfast they serve-can’t remember if it included crepes—if the patio is open ask to sit outside…it is really kinda enchanting to sit out there and have brunch.

Damn, I didn’t know Lindy’s did brunch….

Back on topic, I know First Watch has crepes….I’ve never had them, the rest of their food is pretty good though.

Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant

Cafe Corner has them…or at least I have had them there in the past.

They were absolutely fantastic.

Angel

this is his graduation brunch though, i doubt he wants to go to whole foods.

that said i have no suggestions. :lol:

just go to lindey’s or worthington inn.

dirtgirl
    Participant

Late night crepes off a cart is a brilliant idea. Reminds me of Paris after you leave the clubs. She should set up shop in Short North on weekends and definitely at Comfest.

Re: First Watch crepes… eh. They’re fine but they have a weird mixture of fruit in them (mostly bananas). I would personally expect either berries, or a buttery/lemon creme. mmmmm…. And yeah, no mimosas.

dirtgirl wrote Re: First Watch crepes… eh. They’re fine but they have a weird mixture of fruit in them (mostly bananas). I would personally expect either berries, or a buttery/lemon creme. mmmmm…. And yeah, no mimosas.

I’m more into the Key West crepe (Smoked turkey, avocado, bacon, tomatoes and Monterey Jack cheese. Topped with sour cream.) But again, First Watch isn’t what I would recommend to fruitjam. We probably have to lose the crepe requirement and think about the overall experience. But then it becomes a general brunch discussion, which probably has multiple threads floating around somewhere.

The Lindey’s recommendation is certainly a good one. I’ll throw out Due Amici to add another option: http://www.due-amici.com/brunch.html

I think we need to connect Manatee’s friend up with some Mr./Mrs. DeepPockets and get a real store front set up. Or maybe a CU collective ownership. Who’s in?

michaelcoyote
    Participant

Back when I was a young coyote in Key West, I lived in a house with a young Quebecois named Paul. Paul would somehow make the most excellent crepes out of my cast iron frying pan. The fruit we had at the time was basically what we could find cheap, and so included bananas and mangoes stolen from neighbors trees.

Oddly enough, I could manage to make great “cafe con leche” out of my old moka pot and a steamer pot I had at the time.

I’m guessing the Crepes made everything taste better.

Also, access to the crazy German girls who lived there made everything taste better.

PoshBug

Not only does this place have an amazing, extensive brunch menu, it also serves crepes (under the dessert selection.)

Oh, and there’s always the Bob Evans option :D

First Watch crepes are a tad too bland (and healthy-tasting) for my liking.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

The forum ‘Q&A’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: