Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

7-Elevens Closed — GetGo Stores Open

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion 7-Elevens Closed — GetGo Stores Open

Viewing 12 posts - 61 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • Author

NerosNeptune
    Participant

The subs here are surprisingly good. Reminds me of wawa in how it’s set up. I know it’s not saying much but it’s a lot better than Subway.. the bread is more like what you would get on the east coast.

maveric1
    Participant

I have to agree with Nero. Their subs are surprisingly very good.

GCrites80s
    Participant

but do you get to smell like the place for hours afterward?

wpcc88
    Participant

can’t say that I didn’t tell everyone so ;)

GCrites80s
    Participant

Looks like the King Ave. one’s getting turned into a Circle K

Analogue Kid
    Participant

Strange things are afoot at the Circle K

sruckus
    Participant

So apparently the Lane Ave Get Go will be closing. As someone who goes there a lot for lunch (delicious subs!), I am disappointed. Not making any money, I guess. Probably because all the kids are fine with shitty Subway.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

So apparently the Lane Ave Get Go will be closing. As someone who goes there a lot for lunch (delicious subs!), I am disappointed. Not making any money, I guess. Probably because all the kids are fine with shitty Subway.

Did that one have gas pumps?

Gus W
    Gus W
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>sruckus wrote:</div>

I don’t think so if it’s the one down the street from Varsity Club. It was a 7-11 just a couple years ago and hasn’t been a GetGo for very long.

Josh Lapp
    Josh Lapp
    Participant

Seems like a prime spot for redevelopment. With all the new buildings on Lane the street is certainly transforming and I believe its in the cards to get rid of St. John Arena and its parking lots at some point.

I can imaging that this would be one of the hottest spots for a developer to build being adjacent to North Campus. It is in front of the Holiday Inn that OSU bought though.

sruckus
    Participant

Nope, no gas pumps.

It’s rumored the owner charges high rent too, which is the reason the 7-11 left there.

News
    Participant

Giant Eagle closes small GetGo stores by Ohio State, swears off micro format
    Jun 9, 2015, 12:40pm EDT
    Brian R. Ball
    Columbus Business First

This former 7-Eleven on Lane Avenue near Ohio State became a GetGo in 2013. It and one at 1551 N. High St. closed after the end of spring semester classes. This former 7-Eleven on Lane Avenue near Ohio State became a GetGo in 2013.

READ MORE: http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/blog/2015/06/giant-eagle-closes-small-getgo-stores-by-ohio.html

Viewing 12 posts - 61 through 72 (of 72 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: