Our City Online

Messageboard - Transportation

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

5th Avenue

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

hargdevice
    Participant

Does anyone have any information when 5th avenue will be rebuilt? The holes are getting pretty intense.

FireEngine
    Participant

Since 5th Ave runs from Dublin Rd to Hamilton Rd, you might need to be more specific.

heresthecasey
    Participant

Here’s information on several projects currently planned or underway for different sections of 5th Ave,

Between Dublin Rd and McKinley Ave, http://columbus.gov/Templates/Detail.aspx?id=64738
    Between Grant Ave and I-71, http://columbus.gov/Templates/Detail.aspx?id=64756
    Between 4th St and Grant Ave, http://columbus.gov/Templates/Detail.aspx?id=64774

AMEEKER
    Participant

Hey. Thanks for posting this. We live on Grant. The city has replaced pipes this summer all around Weinland Park, but it seems like the road AFTER they replaced the pipes are worse than before! Good to know they’re going to get around to resurfacing, too. That’s awesome.

tonloc620
    Participant

You will know for sure when they are getting ready to repave, they will re do all the ADA ramps first.

GCrites80s
    Participant

Yes, like they are doing between Riverside and Olentangy now.

tonloc620
    Participant

Yes, but I can’t find it anywhere on Columbus paving the way that they are paving 5th ave between olentangy and riverside, I wish they would and I wish they would re stripe the lanes between Grandview Ave and Northstar to three lanes, one in each direction with a turn lane, that 4 lane section is a disaster, not sure why it is that way

Ben
    Participant

If Riverside to Olentangy is unlisted, does that mean there’s hope for Olentangy to High?

jdubilla
    Participant

I put the following 311 request in back in March:

It was my understanding that W 5th Avenue was to have some resurfacing done in 2013. That did not happen and I did not see W 5th Avenue on the 2014 list. Can you let me know the status of that project?

This is the response I received:

Thank you for contacting the 311 Service Center. West 5th Avenue is still on the list of streets to be resurfaced. Please contact Steve Wasosky, P.E., at (614) 645-3183 for additional information.

Back in 2013, they also left W 5th off of the intended projects list and this is what 311 told me:

Thank you for contacting the 311 Service Center. We apologize for the omission on the website but W 5th Avenue Between Kenny Road and Glenn Avenue is scheduled for resurfacing in 2013. This will take place sometime between now and October.
    Regards,

311 Service Center

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘Transportation’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The 6th Annual Columbus Dessert Festival Returns!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFO