Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

5th Ave Giant Eagle

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development 5th Ave Giant Eagle

This topic contains 20 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  ricospaz 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Ned23
    Ned23
    Participant

I still think part of the space should be devoted to a public parking garage maybe one that runs on meters, because well I support public transportation Grandview Heights is nowhere near serious public transportation anytime soon

OneBagTravel
    Participant

I still think part of the space should be devoted to a public parking garage maybe one that runs on meters, because well I support public transportation Grandview Heights is nowhere near serious public transportation anytime soon

Plus we’re all running out of parking especially the people that live in the area. It’s a popular spot from 4-9 seven days a week.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Plus we’re all running out of parking especially the people that live in the area.

I was under the impression that 99% of Grandview residents have a driveway and/or garage.

derm
    derm
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>OneBagTravel wrote:</div>
    Plus we’re all running out of parking especially the people that live in the area.

I was under the impression that 99% of Grandview residents have a driveway and/or garage.

Probably accurate. A good amount are one car space, or even a shared driveway with limited access. If you want to have friends or family over it can be onerous to park. Mix in the people coming to visit Grandview and parking is limited. Not complaining. Just stating facts. I have been here 20+ years, you just adjust and deal with it. We have one space and two vehicles. One goes on the street. Got to have your spot parked in early from thursday to sat for sure.

OneBagTravel
    Participant

Na, it can suck for me on the weekends. Week nights are a roll of the dice if I’ll get my actual parking spots taken up. Not everyone in this area lives in off street parking or drive ways. Especially around the popular spots.

ricospaz
    Participant

I live on the same street as DK Diner and it’s difficult to get a spot on the street Saturday and Sunday until about 2pm. I’m more annoyed with people using my driveway as a turnaround.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Join us for the Beer & Pretzel Pairing Party on November 3rd featuring Combustion Brewing & Happy Little Treats!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFO