Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

5th Ave Giant Eagle

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development 5th Ave Giant Eagle

This topic contains 20 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  ricospaz 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

kko419
    Participant

Any word on if anything is going into the 5th ave previous Giant Eagle location?

bayrea
    Participant

Probably a Trader Joe’s or Wholefoods…..

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

It’s currently a parking lot for Uber drivers waiting on a fare

OneBagTravel
    Participant

Probably a Trader Joe’s or Wholefoods…..

Sweet! I’ll take the light rail there to go grocery shopping!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    derm
    derm
    Participant

It’s currently a parking lot for Uber drivers waiting on a fare

As well as honestly the general Grandview area parking overflow. Everyone uses it. Valet uses it. If another business moves in there it will get crazy again. I am bracing for zero parking when Studio 35 goes in. Not complaining, like the energy, but need to get a street spot by 630 most nights like back in the olden days of pre-GE leaving.

OneBagTravel
    Participant

As well as honestly the general Grandview area parking overflow. Everyone uses it. Valet uses it. If another business moves in there it will get crazy again. I am bracing for zero parking when Studio 35 goes in. Not complaining, like the energy, but need to get a street spot by 630 most nights like back in the olden days of pre-GE leaving.

That’s so F’d, I was just talking to my GF the other day about how Studio 35 would be perfect for Grandview.

lbl
    Participant

isn’t this owned by Giant Eagle? – discussed some time ago in another thread.
    so the likelihood of them leasing to competitor would be slim.
    which leads to – what other business could/would be a good fit for this prime lot?

GCrites80s
    Participant

my roommate wants to put a roller rink there

NEOBuckeye
    Participant

I’m sure some developer will come along and build something massive and similar to The View on 5th on the site eventually. It’s too valuable not to, with the way the Grandview area is growing now.

Hopefully, they take a page from The View and build a parking deck with it, but one that also allows for some level of public access.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I’m sure some developer will come along and build something massive and similar to The View on 5th on the site eventually. It’s too valuable not to, with the way the Grandview area is growing now.

Well, it is owned by Kohr Royer Griffith, who proposed something big on High Street that never happened…

https://www.columbusunderground.com/new-five-story-development-proposed-for-university-district/

Maybe they could do something similar here?

Ned23
    Ned23
    Participant

parking garage behind an extended line of store fronts maybe?

A161830
    Participant

In late 2014 ownership was transferred to a group of investors which includes Continental RE and Echo (the RE arm of Giant Eagle) so sadly, it is unlikely that another grocer like Trader Joes would come into this space.

wpcc88
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>NEOBuckeye wrote:</div>

Well, it is owned by Kohr Royer Griffith, who proposed something big on High Street that never happened…

https://www.columbusunderground.com/new-five-story-development-proposed-for-university-district/

Maybe they could do something similar here?

There it is, the proposal that was too ahead of it’s time; fast-forward four years later and my guess is that proposal is welcomed with open arms(with some adjustments of course ;) ).

tonloc620
    Participant

Continental owns 90% they have the for lease sign up, the other 10% is owned by Giant Eagle I am sure in order to control. If Giant Eagle owns a portion no way will we get a grocery store. Giant Eagle has let a store in Cleveland sit for 20 years in order to keep the competition out. Whole foods has a store on Lane Ave so no chance there, Traders Joe’s likes sites closer to highway exits.

This is a great opportunity to build something more urban, apartment’s, condo’s with first floor retail and structured parking, something like the view on fifth or like the LC buildings downtown.There are plenty of developers in town that would like to get this site.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Join us for the Beer & Pretzel Pairing Party on November 3rd featuring Combustion Brewing & Happy Little Treats!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFO