Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Redevelopment at Stonewall Columbus & Mikey's Late Night Slice

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Redevelopment at Stonewall Columbus & Mikey's Late Night Slice

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author

paranoidandroid
    Participant

Last Feb/March my wife and I spent 12 days in Australia, three of which were in Melbourne. We came across Australia’s most notorious “container bar” called Section 8, which is all I can think about when picturing Mikey’s LNS in a shipping container. While their webpage is a little primitive, Section 8’s social media profiles contain more pics, or you can also find more images via Google.

If I remember correctly, Section 8 began as a bet among mates, err friends, with one betting the other he could not open a bar on an empty lot for less than $20k and keep it open for a year. He now owns 2-3 other successful bars nearby as well.

The vibe at Section 8 is very hipster, very laid back, and also reminds me a lot of what Mikey’s Short North location could become, especially if it could add some type of beer garden. And I’d approve…for what that’s worth.

Stephen43215
    Stephen43215
    Participant

Since moving to Las Vegas almost a year ago I have to say Container park (Made out of used shipping containers) has to be one of the most unique things here.

http://downtowncontainerpark.com/

photo bin_zps40950dd6.jpg

photo bbq_zpsf0737321.jpg

derm
    derm
    Participant

Shipping containers are designed to be stacked. If they really want to make a statement, orient them parallel to High St and go about 4 or 5 tall with steps up the back face of them.

Josh Miller
    Josh Miller
    Participant

^ that would be an awesome use of the gap between the buildings!

News
    Participant

FROM HERE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/development-roundup-eight-updates-from-italian-village-downtown-and-beyond-bw1

Stonewall Columbus recently made an appearance at the Italian Village Commission to talk about the future of their property, at the northeast corner of High Street and Fourth Avenue. Don’t expect a big development project anytime soon, though – both of the buildings the organization owns are considered to be historically contributing structures, so demolition would be discouraged. Executive Director Karla Rothan said that they just wanted to “find out what the parameters are and to look at future capital projects.”

JMan
    Participant

We aren’t pushing the envelope enough. See pic of the San Francisco center. Though I’m glad and proud of our center, why not make it something wonderful and exciting?!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

JMan
    Participant

Two other pics of the San Fran center:

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

News
    Participant

The Original Mikey’s Late Night Slice Shack is No More
    March 16, 2015 1:10 pm – Walker Evans

If you happened to pass by the Late Night Slice shack in the Short North yesterday, then you may have been able to witness its final hours in existence. The structure went through a quick demolition process by hand as several LNS employees chipped in to take the building down in advance of its shipping container replacement.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/the-original-mikeys-late-night-slice-shack-is-no-more

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Gus W
    Gus W
    Participant

Did they give a time frame of when they’d have everything back up?

mbeaumont
    Participant

I think they mentioned that the whole thing should only take two weeks.

Mike88
    Participant

Should be soon, the shipping container is already in place and painted.

News
    Participant

Stonewall Columbus Looking at Replacing Building at Fourth and High
    October 22, 2015 8:00 am – Brent Warren

Stonewall Columbus continues to explore possibilities for their property at the northeast corner of High Street and Fourth Avenue in the Short North.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/stonewall-columbus-bw1

Gus W
    Gus W
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Gus W wrote:</div>

Should be soon, the shipping container is already in place and painted.

Did they run into some big issues with this or something?

Eugene_C
    Participant

Will the new Stonwall building include a clock stuck on 4:20?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: