Messageboard - Music

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

4th & 4th Fest // July 5th Noon-Midnight // Seventh Son Brewing Co.

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Music 4th & 4th Fest // July 5th Noon-Midnight // Seventh Son Brewing Co.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Aaron Marshall
    Participant

Wesley Bright killed it at Nelsonville. Best thing i saw the whole weekend.

b.miller
    Participant

Wesley Bright killed it at Nelsonville. Best thing i saw the whole weekend.

You’re not the first person I’ve heard that from. I’ve been trying to get them to Columbus for well over a year, so I’m really excited we were finally able to have all the stars align for 4th & 4th. It’s gonna be great!

b.miller
    Participant

Comedy Pop-Up has put together two unique blocks of comedy for the back room on Saturday (4-5pm & 8:30-10:30pm) featuring some of the funniest, most laugh-inducingist comedians in town! So, make note if you want to escape the music for a bit there will be giggles (maybe even some guffaws!?) to be had.

$10 tix & info: 4thand4th.com

SJT
    SJT
    Participant

We are excited about the return of the most rock’n neighborhood fest around! We are opening early at 1pm and will be featuring drink specials all day including $3 strawberry(or regular) lemonades with vodka. We will also have some free food out for folks to nibble on. Stop by in between your favorite bands and cool off& refuel before heading back to the party. Cheers!

b.miller
    Participant

You know that ‪#‎4thand4th‬ is all about good music, good beer, and good people. Well, now it’s all about good coffee, too! Our friends at Mission Coffee Co. will be serving up their buzz-worthy cold brew from their most-handsome Cold Brew Cart throughout the event!

If you haven’t stopped by their brick & mortar location you should definitely do that sometime. One of our fav places in town to chill/study/take meetings. They’re tucked around the corner off High St. at 11 Price Ave. in the Short North.

b.miller
    Participant

THANK YOU THANK YOU SWEET SWEET SUN GODZ!!!

Saturday is going to be beautiful!

Fyi, today is the last day to grab $10 tix online: 4thand4th.com

b.miller
    Participant

Our thanks to Columbus Alive for previewing 4th & 4th Fest – we cannot wait to have some serious fun in the sun with you all this Saturday at Seventh Son Brewing!

“Music festival preview: 4th & 4th Fest goes national”

b.miller
    Participant

Our friends at Igloo Letterpress hand-printed these gorgeous limited-edition #4thand4th posters in multiple paper/ink combos – designed by Blackletter – they’ll be available for only $10 each tomorrow, while supplies last. Wade says hi!

b.miller
    Participant

Stern taskmaster Ms. Beatrice Rottenkrotch is looking forward to FAILING THE ENTIRE CLASS(!!!) at tomorrow’s Adult Spelling Bee. If you’re up for the challenge get there by 2pm to sign-up – it’s first come, first serve, and space will be L-I-M-I-T-E-D.

b.miller
    Participant

Greetings and Salutations 4th & 4th-ers!

We’re less than 24 hours away!

A few things to remember for tomorrow:

— Doors open at noon.

— NO DOGS. NO BACKPACKS. NO BAD ATTITUDES ;)

— “Ca$h is King!” It keeps the line moving, so hit the ATM on your way down.

— Bike/Bus/Taxi/Carpool if you can. Parking will be available in the adjacent Budd Dairy lot, but it is limited.

— Pace yourself. It’s going to be a long, awesome day. If you need to take a break we suggest walking south and ducking into St James Tavern or Little Rock Bar. Just keep your wristband on and you won’t have any problem getting back into the Fest.

Seventh Son Brewing is open today 11am-2am – but NO PARKING OVERNIGHT – we really don’t want to have to tow anybody in the morning. That would suck.

— Please respect our neighborhood and our neighbors as if they were your own!

Thank you so much for supporting 4th & 4th – the Italian Village – and everything we do. We appreciate it greatly! Let’s party!!

4thand4th.com

Fsonicsmith
    Participant

Thanks Jen, Collin, and B. Miller. My only wish for improvement would be the sound. Seemed like there was all this attention to getting monitors to work and God only knows musicians are a demanding lot and they gotta play and know what they’re playing but the most important thing should be the sound for those that came to listen. Long way of saying (and I am very sorry to say it) the sound was pretty bad. Hard to get outdoor sound right. You folks need a pro sound tech. Ditch the iPads and get back to basics. Sound mixer at the back where you can hear what the peanut gallery is hearing. At $10 a ticket, I am aware this is kind of shitty to say. But it could have been so much better.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

I wondered if the person with that iPad was doing some kind of funky sound checking.

Another suggestion, I don’t know how necessary the snow/orange fencing was per codes etc but surely they could use some chicken wire fencing or something less in your face that you didn’t feel blocked off from the event while on the patio. Minor gripe really.

Awesome event, thanks for all the hard work, would return!

b.miller
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback guys. Sound can be a little tricky at these kinds of events – more than anything – because each band is essentially getting a quick line-check and then they are off and running. Lots of stuff being done on the fly. I did notice the sound guys struggle a bit to dial-in the monitor mix for The Autumn Defense. I was running around and didn’t get to take in any full sets, but the few times I stopped to listen I actually thought it sounded pretty dang good. I also got some positive feedback in that regard from multiple folks at the show. Not to discredit your opinion, sound can certainly be a subjective thing, but we will definitely discuss your thoughts in our recap meeting.

We’ll talk about the patio fencing issue, too. Per law we have to have something there, but I totally understand your point.

Thanks again!

b.miller
    Participant

Thank you so much to everyone in the Columbus Underground community who came out to support 4th & 4th! We had a blast – hope you did, too!

Please click over and “like” Revelator if you care to stay in the loop regarding other fun events we’ll be throwing throughout the year.

Next year… fireworks finale??

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

The forum ‘Music’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: