Our City Online

Messageboard - Nightlife

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

4 New Bars in Upper Arlington?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Nightlife 4 New Bars in Upper Arlington?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

I was recently at Kroger on Henderson Rd. and was told by someone working on the space that 4 new bars are coming into once space to the right of Kroger one of which will have a high end dress code called Onyx. This seems quite weird to me it being in a strip mall etc. has anyone else heard or know anything about this?

Ndcent

Hmm…I tend to stay out of the loop on strip mall bars in Upper Arlington.

I do as well…but just seemed quite odd and wondered if anyone knew of anything…

enzo
    Participant

I will only be excited if someone puts something in the old Ritters spot at the Shops on Lane Ave.

enzo what would you like to see there?

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

There’s a longstanding tradition of opening and closing crappy, “dress code” clubs in U.A., mostly they were centered around Kenny and Olde Henderson Road though.

enzo
    Participant

Kbear919 wrote enzo what would you like to see there?

I suggested a Marcella’s to CM, but there is not enough space. There is also the Mill Bread Co. empty spot just across the street. I think something Sushi n the Ritters spot would be hot there or something like Bar 23. Banana Bean in the Mill Bread spot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do not want a “club” club in my neighborhood. Just some cool hang out spots where a dj could spin on Fri/Sat!

Trixie
    Participant

Dress code = hell no

I never look sloppy and I do not wear my pajamas in public (as many women do now). I refuse to be judged by some chach to get into a club.

That place won’t last.

My thoughts exactly, The name Onyx and a stiff dress code = not around long

joev
    Participant

Kbear919 wrote My thoughts exactly, The name Onyx and a stiff dress code = not around long

Only former blaxploitation stars are allowed in.

nexttuesday
    Participant

Onyx is actually the 3rd bar of the owner of Arlington Cafe/Cazzie’s/Arlington Banquets. All the venues will be connected, so you can walk through all of them. Considering their idiotic computer system though, this feature is pointless, cause you still have to go to the bar you opened your tab at in order to close it.

Not sure when it’s actually opening, or if it has already. I have a poor opinion of the ownership and management, added to the fact that it claims to have “good value” but charges more for most drafts than any bar downtown.

Trixie
    Participant

Went to that Kroger today and sho’ nuff there was “Onyx” on the facade.

lilbit
    Participant

joev wrote

Only former blaxploitation stars are allowed in.

what..?

i heard that samurai is playing at it. right by arlington cafe. it opens on Friday i think i read somewhere

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

The forum ‘Nightlife’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: