Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

3rd x northwest grandview

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development 3rd x northwest grandview

This topic contains 98 replies, has 40 voices, and was last updated by  futureman 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 99 total)
  • Author

musicfan2 said:
    ohio tap room – really – wow – how would you like to be the people that live in those houses right next door? and behind?

I’d say, that 3rd and NW-BLVD intersection, now looks like a prime spot to set up a DUI check station, permanently.

We hope our neighbors love us! We actually close around 8 every night, sometimes earlier, so we hope we won’t really disturb too many folks. And we’ll only be to-go growlers at the start, so hopefully no driving issues. :)

Rockmastermike
    Participant

theohiotaproom said:
    We hope our neighbors love us! We actually close around 8 every night, sometimes earlier, so we hope we won’t really disturb too many folks. And we’ll only be to-go growlers at the start, so hopefully no driving issues. :)

Is this going to be a re-fillable growler situation? or is there a growler trade-in kind of thing for re-using the growlers?

Rockmastermike said:
    Is this going to be a re-fillable growler situation? or is there a growler trade-in kind of thing for re-using the growlers?

Absolutely re-fillable growler situation with no requirement on a specific kind of growler.

Rockmastermike
    Participant

theohiotaproom said:
    Absolutely re-fillable growler situation with no requirement on a specific kind of growler.

excellent. Thanks for answering.

futureman
    Participant

I noticed a sign this morning for this site to be redeveloped by Metropolitan. I believe they did the apartment building across the street. Finally!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Oh, like they’re going to tear it down and rebuild?

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

The auto repair store?

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

I always wondered if that auto repair was in business. It looks closed up most of the time.

futureman
    Participant

Yep, that’s the corner. They didn’t have any information on the sign beyond advertising it for redevelopment.

Rockmastermike
    Participant

I always wondered if that auto repair junk yard was in business. It looks closed up most of the time.

(fixed that for ya)

I see people there DOING things but I have no idea what they’re working on in that pile of wreckage.

OneBagTravel
    Participant

They do have the finest collection of used beige Toyota Corolla’s this side of Olentangy.

Cityside
    Participant

It was supposed to be a bar – they remediated the oil and other pollutants that were going into the sewer. Thought it was on hold due to parking that was to be in Grandview proper, although the business portion was to be in 5XNW… Maybe Grandview agreed to the parking qualifications… they were pretty high due to the fact that it was going to be a restaurant AND a bar (and have a patio?) I don’t remember it has been so long since they came to us). I AGREE – better than a used car lot… polluting the environment and looking terrible!

Gus W
    Gus W
    Participant

Does anyone have an address for the site?

OneBagTravel
    Participant

Does anyone have an address for the site?

1249 W 3rd Ave
    Columbus, OH

Walked by yesterday and they’re still operational but there is a sign out front advertising the size of the space.

StateofDevotion
    Participant

I noticed a for sale/development opportunity sign on the car repair shop’s corner lot. That was a couple weeks ago so I’m not sure how long it’s been there. The lot hasn’t changed hands in 15 years, maybe we’ll finally see some movement on that location?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 99 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: