Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

3rd x northwest grandview

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development 3rd x northwest grandview

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

futureman said:
    Also, Grandview Heights already is a DUI check station … permanently.

stole the words out of my mouth.

ColumbusTime
    ColumbusTime
    Participant

mrpoppinzs said:
    surpised that KFC has been empty so long…

Starbucks looked at moving across the street, but didn’t like the traffic flow at that corner.

leftovers

ColumbusTime said:
    Starbucks looked at moving across the street, but didn’t like the traffic flow at that corner.

Morning traffic it headed toward OSU, KFC is on the wrong side of the street.

zp945
    Participant

dru
    Participant

musicfan2 said:
    ohio tap room – really – wow – how would you like to be the people that live in those houses right next door? and behind?

a nice place that sells Ohio craft beers and a large patio to enjoy them on? I’d be pretty happy to have this on my corner.

derm
    derm
    Participant

Just read the post. Those are friends and GView residents. Hope they do great. I will patronize a local business for sure.

Rockmastermike
    Participant

derm said:
    Just read the post. Those are friends and GView residents. Hope they do great. I will patronize a local business for sure.

hells yeah. I’ll walk up there and beer.

GCrites80s
    Participant

leftovers said:
    Morning traffic it headed toward OSU, KFC is on the wrong side of the street.

Yep, gotta respect the morning side of the street when you’re in the coffee biz. Starbucks is already at that corner, so “not liking the traffic” there can’t be the reason.

Nobody goes there anymore; it’s too busy.

musicfan2
    Participant

Just one more bar full of patrons cars for the river homeless to get some new laptops, ipads and backpacks.

based on the drunken hippies and hipsters I see leaving woodlands and the amount of side mirrors busted on Doten, I would say there can never be enough cbus and gview policia watching out for dui drivers.

Rockmastermike
    Participant

musicfan2 said:
    based on the drunken hippies and hipsters I see leaving woodlands…

those darn HIPPIES!

ricospaz
    Participant

homeless people are thieves apparently

Rockmastermike
    Participant

News
    Participant

The Ohio Tap Room Set to Open in April
    Published on February 16, 2013
    By: Ayana Wilson

For those really into craft beers or Ohio-produced goods, the Ohio Tap Room brings together the two in a novel new venture: a retail store that sells only Ohio made brews including beer, mead, and soda.

Brainchild of John and Stephanie Evans, the Ohio Tap Room is a way to celebrate the great products that have been coming out of Ohio in recent years, and even though it will primarily showcase beer, it also plans to offer other Ohio products that perfectly accompany our favorite hop-based libation, like pretzels and nuts.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/the-ohio-tap-room-set-to-open-in-april-aw1

leftovers

The Northwest Boulevard Carryout across the street also has a wide selection of craft beers. With Byrnes, Woodlands and the possibility of another bar going into Wheels it will be an even more happening intersection.

On another note – one more closer to my stomping grounds. The same people who own the Northwest and Grandview carryouts (with their nice beer selections) own the Beer Barn at 4th Street and 5th Ave in WP. I am hoping someday they will renovate that place as 4th picks up steam.

The Grandview/5xNW hood is quite the destination for great beers these days. We’re proud to be a part of that, and we hope we can even add to the great reputation.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 99 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: