Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

3rd x northwest grandview

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development 3rd x northwest grandview

This topic contains 98 replies, has 40 voices, and was last updated by  futureman 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 99 total)
  • Author

GCrites80s
    Participant

How about a fast food joint?

mrpoppinzs

GCrites80s said:
    How about a fast food joint?

surpised that KFC has been empty so long…

Personally, I think the Wheels location is perfect for a bar. I am also interested to see how Winking Lizard does up the street. I think street parking for bars and restaurants is not the evil menace that people tend to portray it as.

Graybeak
    Participant

musicfan2 said:
    Someone could have sent in a complaint to 311 about the condition of the wheels lot. It’s been a craphole for a long time.

Ah, did you send in a complaint? Oh. you mean someone else.
    Anyway, welcome to the message board.

ricospaz
    Participant

There’s a greenspace right down Northwest at Oxley. oh and the park down Oxley at First. etc and so on.

I keep hoping for Chick Fil-A to move into town, or maybe Raising Canes. No more pizza joints, gyms or anal bleaching places, please.

musicfan2
    Participant

I’d be down with a bicycle shop in that old KFC, or in the wheels location.

RE: Greenspace. The world and city limits can never have enough of it….why does every piece of property have to have something sitting on it? Columbus is one big giant strip mall or empty office building.

There are enough overweight people in our city and we do not need any more fast food. Canes is overpriced, chickfila hates gays.

I am glad the old hoggy’s finally got filled, but, it got filled with nothing unique or remotely interesting.

There is a new Cardio gym that just opened up in the old car dealership by the Church at Doten and 5th.
    Also, what is with that pawn shop? is it even open?

ricospaz
    Participant

I think the pawn shop is open. Seems shady to me, doesn’t seem like there’s room to display, just room to pawn.

Green space makes no money.

bucki12

ricospaz said:
    I think the pawn shop is open. Seems shady to me, doesn’t seem like there’s room to display, just room to pawn.

It does seem like the stuff they get is ‘redistributed’ to other Lev’s Pawn stores outside the area. Seems shady to me as well. Heard similar stories of Retagit.

ricospaz
    Participant

bucki12 said:
    It does seem like the stuff they get is ‘redistributed’ to other Lev’s Pawn stores outside the area. Seems shady to me as well. Heard similar stories of Retagit.

Your bike gets stolen, be sure to check Retagit…

Misplaced
    Participant

Oh, the growlers place is going into the barber shop on the other corner.

I heard the growler place in the old barber shop is going to have 20+ taps with a focus on Ohio beers.

Misplaced
    Participant

Sorry, I was trying to quote GW_Justice in my post.

zp945
    Participant

Misplaced said:
    Oh, the growlers place is going into the barber shop on the other corner.

I heard the growler place in the old barber shop is going to have 20+ taps with a focus on Ohio beers.

What is “the” growlers place? Is this another location of The Daily Growler? Or something similar but unrelated?

MRipley
    Participant

Also noticed a drilling rig working in the empty lot at W. Fifth and Norton. A guy at a nearby business mentioned that they were doing some testing for chemicals. Wonder if something is planned for that spot.

Anonymous

zp945 said:
    What is “the” growlers place? Is this another location of The Daily Growler? Or something similar but unrelated?

http://www.ohio.com/blogs/the-beer-blog/the-beer-blog-1.273124/ohio-tap-room-opening-in-columbus-1.372477

musicfan2
    Participant

ohio tap room – really – wow – how would you like to be the people that live in those houses right next door? and behind?

I’d say, that 3rd and NW-BLVD intersection, now looks like a prime spot to set up a DUI check station, permanently.

W. Fifth and Norton – maybe nail shop? tanning salon? pizza shop? bw3? mcdonalds? oh, sports bar? Nope – I again vote for grass, park, benches, water, trees.

futureman
    Participant

musicfan2 said:
    ohio tap room – really – wow – how would you like to be the people that live in those houses right next door? and behind?

I’d say, that 3rd and NW-BLVD intersection, now looks like a prime spot to set up a DUI check station, permanently.

W. Fifth and Norton – maybe nail shop? tanning salon? pizza shop? bw3? mcdonalds? oh, sports bar? Nope – I again vote for grass, park, benches, water, trees.

You already have two popular bars down the street and carryout across the street. Don’t see how this is going to change the dynamics too much.

Also, Grandview Heights already is a DUI check station … permanently.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 99 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: