Our City Online

Messageboard - Transportation

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

3C Passenger Rail Project - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Transportation 3C Passenger Rail Project – News & Updates

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1,141 through 1,155 (of 1,160 total)
  • Author

GCrites80s
    Participant

CU is actually the first computer program to become self-aware.

ToddAnders
    Blocked

Right; my point was that Walker and many vocal contributors to CU are generally pro-rail. Simply calling a spade a spade.

rus
    rus
    Participant

GCrites80s said:
    CU is actually the first computer program to become self-aware.

Only in an ironic sense… *adjusts Buddy Holly specs*

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

ToddAnders said:
    Right; my point was that Walker and many vocal contributors to CU are generally pro-rail. Simply calling a spade a spade.

No, you said CU as a whole was irritated, which I corrected you on to say that there are some people here who are proponents of rail transit, and others who do not support rail transit. Your original blanket statement was false.

I’ve never denied that I personally am a support of public transit of all types, including rail. For you to reiterate the fact is more of stating the obvious rather than calling anything spades.

ToddAnders
    Blocked

OK?

jbcmh81
    Participant

ToddAnders said:

And? This is not news. That doesn’t make the editorial well written.

ToddAnders
    Blocked

The dog pack mentality is SO tiring sometimes.

Cole
    Participant

ToddAnders said:

What do you think of the editorial?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

ToddAnders said:

Three people respond to you and suddenly it’s a dogpack?

Don’t be so sensitive and dramatic.

ToddAnders
    Blocked

No drama, that would go into the all opinions matter category.

News
    Participant

Ohio Needs a Governor, Not an Ideologue
    12 OCTOBER 2012

The New York Times carried an excellent article this weekend about how the GOP became the anti-city party. The point was, actually, that waging a culture war against urban areas–where 80 percent of the country lives–might not be such a smart move, even from a purely political stance. The party’s 2012 platform makes almost no mention of cities, outside of the usual dog-whistling. The Times estimates that Mitt Romney’s chances of winning this election are 15 percent.

READ MORE: http://rustwire.com/2012/10/12/ohio-needs-a-governor-not-an-ideologue/

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Just a few short years ago, opponents of the 3C Corridor rail plan were scoffing at the idea of ODOT coming up with $17 million per year to operate the rail line.

Today, the Ohio Auditor’s office found $23 million in savings (ie: wasteful spending) at ODOT that could be easily eliminated:

http://www.auditor.state.oh.us/newscenter/press/release/1754

Josh Lapp
    Josh Lapp
    Participant

Frankly, the more I think about it the more it disgusts me to see how anti-urban Governor Kasich is, and needlessly so. The Republican Governors of Wisconsin and Michigan have accepted at least some funds for rail. I’ve been pleasantly surprised by some of Kasich’s actions in office but his efforts to prevent any progress in Ohio’s cities mean that he won’t be getting my vote in 2014.

I’d love to see a pragmatic non-tea party type conservative in Ohio politics.

Tight Ropewalker
    Tight Ropewalker
    Participant

I suppose all the anti-abortion initiatives in the budget that went into effect today will save even more money! Oh, wait. I don’t think they quoted how much those would save because they have nothing to do with the budget – just a way to sneak in new controversial laws on a weekend when no one is paying attention. I digress…

Great news on the savings found though, Walker. That would proly pay for the 3C now, eh? ; )

NEOBuckeye
    Participant

The only thing that can break the choke hold of the GOP on the reigns of power in this state is an urban coalition of Ohio’s cities. Essentially, our cities need to stop acting like isolated islands and do a whole lot more networking and inter-city political collaboration with each other on the issues and in terms of running statewide candidates. Until then, we’ll continue to get the shaft by the single-issue (e.g. abortion) obsessed and other narrow-minded, short-sighted suburban Republicans on things that matter for the future of this state and its ability to create a better quality of life for Ohioans, like high-speed rail and renewable energy. A fracked-up toxic water supply and filthy air, punitive laws against women seeking/needing abortions and two more lanes added to I-71 isn’t going to make Ohio a damn bit more competitive with the Carolinas or Portland for brain gain. Quite the contrary.

I really would have liked to see Coleman go toe to toe with Kaisch. Instead, the Dems settled on FitzGerald, a mostly unknown who will have to explain again and again what the heck a County Executive is and does. I’m starting to think that as much as the Republicans want to win, the Democrats really don’t care about losing.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,141 through 1,155 (of 1,160 total)

The forum ‘Transportation’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION