Our City Online

Messageboard - Transportation

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

3C Passenger Rail Project - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Transportation 3C Passenger Rail Project – News & Updates

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1,126 through 1,140 (of 1,160 total)
  • Author
    rus
    rus
    Participant

cheap said:
    i actually thought the comments were well thought out

did i miss some jokes?

Just browsed through them quickly myself; nothing really over the top.

ToddAnders
    Blocked

CU is irritated at an anti rail project? Give me a towel to wipe the shock off my face.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

ToddAnders said:
    CU is irritated at an anti rail project? Give me a towel to wipe the shock off my face.

CU doesn’t take a stance on topics. Some people have opinions one way. Others have opinions the other way. Some don’t care either way and want to talk about food.

Nothing new.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

jbcmh81 said:
    One big difference that stands out to me is basic geography. California is not exactly flat and easy to build on. That alone would make for a significantly more expensive project there than in Ohio , and I recall that Ohio’s project would’ve run on existing lines that just needed to be upgraded, another big difference. Oh, and how about retrofitting for earthquakes?

Don’t forget… the proposed train for California had a top speed of 220mph, and the proposed train for Ohio had a top speed of 79mph. Two very different categories of rolling stock, tracks, rail beds, safety precautions, and so on and so forth.

Apples and Oranges.

ToddAnders
    Blocked

Ok, Walker, I’m going to call bs on that response. If you love it, own it. I could spend hours going through all the public transit topics on the form and 90% of them are pro transit and the public financing of them. To say it’s the same as who loves the local organic natural pig butt wrap does not make sense to me.

You obviously want to use your voice to move forward a public financed transit system; the comparison to food is like Ohio apples to California oranges.

bman
    Participant

Walker said:
    Comparing the project in California to the one in Ohio is kind of like apples and oranges.

And it ignores a whole bunch of other fruits in between.

Terrible editorial.

From your train at any cost mentality!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

bman said:
    From your train at any cost mentality!

I’ve never said we should have a train at any cost.

Quit trying to pick fights.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

ToddAnders said:
    Ok, Walker, I’m going to call bs on that response.

I knew you would. Give me a towel to wipe the shock off my face.

bman
    Participant

ToddAnders said:
    Ok, Walker, I’m going to call bs on that response. If you love it, own it. I could spend hours going through all the public transit topics on the form and 90% of them are pro transit and the public financing of them. To say it’s the same as who loves the local organic natural pig butt wrap does not make sense to me.

You obviously want to use your voice to move forward a public financed transit system;

+10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

cheap

ToddAnders
    Blocked

Towel given; so I can only assume my assessment was correct. Just own it, unless you believe that looking unbiased helps further the cause.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I totally own that in my own opinion, I am an advocate for passenger rail systems.

I’m saying that CU as a whole is made up of diverse opinion on the topic.

You post on CU, therefore you are a part of CU, therefore your opinion is one of the many.

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

The Dispatch editorial is an embarrassment.

It reads as if it was penned by a member of the Kasich Administration or the Romney campaign.

There is no indication that critical thought went into the piece, only partisanship; there is no hint of nuance, only rancor; there is no depth or consideration to the complexities that led to the situation in California, only an assumption presented as infallible that what happened in California would have happened here, and that Governor Kasich predicted it while Governor Strickland and President Obama are only interested in creating debt.

This in-kind donation to the Kasich/Romney Campaign would cost how much as an advertisement?

ToddAnders
    Blocked

@ walker, love it.

Cole
    Participant

ToddAnders said:

Does the operation of CU mean it’s conscious and has a purpose? CU does not have feelings of which I know. Nor does it have an editorial board.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,126 through 1,140 (of 1,160 total)

The forum ‘Transportation’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION