Our City Online

Messageboard - Transportation

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

State Route 315 Construction - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Transportation State Route 315 Construction – News & Updates

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

From ODOT:

State Route 315 Project Information

THE SECOND HALF BEGINS JUNE 14

After a successful “First Half,” ODOT and the contractor are ready to proceed with Phase Two of improvements to State Route 315.

This year crews will make improvements to eight bridges and approximately three miles of State Route 315 south from I-670 to the North Broadway exit. Last year improvements were made to SR 315 north.

Beginning June 14, construction on SR 315 south begins. Work will not begin sooner in order to accommodate commencement at the Ohio State University.

Switching traffic will take around four days to complete. It will be done in stages. Once both directions of SR 315 are switched over to the northbound side, the traffic pattern will remain in effect for 80 days.

There will be two lanes of traffic in both directions maintained on SR 315.

For drivers using SR 315 north, all exit ramps will remain open. Southbound 315 travelers, there will be three exit ramps open along the three-mile corridor.

MORE: http://www.dot.state.oh.us/projects/315/Pages/default.aspx

MAP (PDF): http://www.dot.state.oh.us/projects/315/Documents/SR315%20-%202010%20Exits%20and%20Entrance%20Ramp%20Details.pdf

columbusfoodie
    Participant

Last summer was a nightmare because of the exit closings – let’s hope this year goes a little smoother.

chrisat4th

oh boy – thanks for the reminder on this one.

somertimeoh
    Participant

Man, I’m in like the worst spot ever to get on the north bound side. Might as well take side streets the whole way, lol. At least my southbound entrance to get to work is OK, otherwise there would have been A LOT of working from home this summer. Wait, dang it, they’ve done this all wrong :)

Patch
    Participant

I was thinking about this last week, wondering why they didn’t start sooner (like in April) so it would be done by now.

groundrules
    Participant

Patch wrote >>
    I was thinking about this last week, wondering why they didn’t start sooner (like in April) so it would be done by now.

article says to accommodate OSU graduation.

groundrules
    Participant

somertimeoh wrote >>
    Man, I’m in like the worst spot ever to get on the north bound side.

you’re not far from the Goodale 315N entrance. i’m more annoyed about them closing the entrance by Target at Olentangy & Kinnear again.

dirtgirl
    Participant

I found it wasn’t that bad last summer. There weren’t that many cars on the compressed roadway because of all the closed entrances, so traffic moved pretty well. Although some jerks didn’t seem happy going 45 and went way too fast in those very narrow, curvy lanes.

Of course, my entrance to 315 is Ackerman or North Broadway so other than visits to Lennox, my use was largely unaffected. I heard horror stories about people using Olentangy as an alternate. If it’s feasible, you might try Indianola and Summit to downtown. Both move really well most mornings.

somertimeoh
    Participant

groundrules wrote >>

somertimeoh wrote >>

you’re not far from the Goodale 315N entrance. i’m more annoyed about them closing the entrance by Target at Olentangy & Kinnear again.

Closed.

The only open Northbound ramps – unless I’m reading the document incorrectly – are 670W to 315 (which means I have to get all the way over to 4th and back south, so no) or at Ackerman (hell to the no).

http://www.dot.state.oh.us/projects/315/Documents/SR315%20-%202010%20Exits%20and%20Entrance%20Ramp%20Details.pdf

groundrules
    Participant

somertimeoh wrote >>

groundrules wrote >>

somertimeoh wrote >>

Closed.
    The only open Northbound ramps – unless I’m reading the document incorrectly – are 670W to 315 (which means I have to get all the way over to 4th and back south, so no) or at Ackerman (hell to the no).
    http://www.dot.state.oh.us/projects/315/Documents/SR315%20-%202010%20Exits%20and%20Entrance%20Ramp%20Details.pdf

nah. i read it wrong.

There were no less than 6 motorcycle cops, lined up side-by-side, tagging people heading northbound at Olentangy this morning around 9:30AM. Remember DO NOT SPEED through the construction. :)

There were no less than 6 motorcycle cops, lined up side-by-side, tagging people heading northbound at Olentangy this morning around 9:30AM. Remember DO NOT SPEED through the construction. :)

Lakee911
    Participant

rave_til_dawn wrote >>

rave_til_dawn wrote >>

rave_til_dawn wrote >>

Does that mean there was no less than 18? :D

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

S.R. 315 Businesses Note Losses During Construction
    NBC 4
    By CANDICE LEE
    Published: August 10, 2010

The state Route 315 construction project has been underway since June. What’s the status of the project and how are merchants dealing with the loss of customers?

Sandwich making at Easy Living Deli on Lane Avenue is brisk during a Tuesday lunch hour. But since the Ohio Department of Transportation began road work along S.R. 315, shutting down the Lane Avenue exit in the process, profits at the popular eatery dipped.

READ MORE: http://www2.nbc4i.com/news/2010/aug/10/odot-schedule-state-route-315-merchants-note-loses-ar-186785/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

The forum ‘Transportation’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: