Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

$293M Upgrade to I-270/Rt23 Interchange in Worthington

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion $293M Upgrade to I-270/Rt23 Interchange in Worthington

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author

News
    Participant

Construction Projects Begin In North Columbus, Delaware County
    Monday September 16, 2013 6:27 AM

COLUMBUS, Ohio – Ohio Department of Transportation crews began work on projects in north Columbus and Delaware County Monday morning. Crews began a $72 million project on I-270 at U.S. 23, called the “North Side Fix.”

READ MORE: http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2013/09/16/columbus-construction-projects-begin.html

bjones7
    Participant

The “trench” aka the express lanes sounds interesting! Any sketches or diagrams of the express lanes? Where do they start/end?

Pablo
    Participant

substance
    Participant

And there was no money for the 3C ?

News
    Participant

NEOBuckeye
    Participant

And there was no money for the 3C ?

Oh, the money was there. It’s always there for what people in power actually want to do.

News
    Participant

ODOT: U.S. 23, I-270 “Trench” Project To Open Thursday
    By Kevin Landers
    Monday September 7, 2015 5:52 PM

The Ohio Department of Transportation has announced the project known as “The Trench”, located at the intersection of I-270 and U.S. 23, will open this week to help ease congestion in northern Franklin County.

READ MORE: http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2015/09/07/odot-u.s.-23-i-270-trench-project-to-open-thursday.html

News
    Participant

welkstar
    welkstar
    Participant

I have not understood this project from the beginning, and I still don’t get it.

ohbr
    Participant

I think the only thing it will do is move the traffic build up from 270 and shift it into the trench. over a quarter of a billion dollars to bypass a couple traffic lights so people can get back to their Delaware County Homes. How much would a light rail with park and rides cost from Delaware to Columbus?

DLDude
    Participant

I think the only thing it will do is move the traffic build up from 270 and shift it into the trench. over a quarter of a billion dollars to bypass a couple traffic lights so people can get back to their Delaware County Homes. How much would a light rail with park and rides cost from Delaware to Columbus?

31 Miles at ~$70m/mile = $2.2Billion

heresthecasey
    Participant

31 Miles at ~$70m/mile = $2.2Billion

Um, no.

Recent commuter rail start up costs have ranged from $1.3 million per mile for Nashville’s Music City Star (a line which is mostly single-tracked) to a high of $26 million per mile for the Seattle Sounder.

http://publictransport.about.com/od/Transit_Projects/a/How-Much-Do-Rail-Transit-Projects-Cost-To-Build-And-Operate.htm

drtom1234
    Participant

70 million a mile might be accurate if they were constructing a subway. Actually, that’s probably a little cheap.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION