Our City Online

Messageboard - Food & Drink Events

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

2013 Columbus Food Truck Festival

Home Forums Events Food & Drink Events 2013 Columbus Food Truck Festival

This topic contains 42 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  foodtruckfest 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Today’s the day! Kicks off at noon!

groundrules
    Participant

Walker said:
    Today’s the day! Kicks off at noon!

get in line now.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I remember it not being overly crowded for lunch last year. Much busier at dinnertime.

I’m going to head over right at 12. Will report in on the line lengths. ;)

Analogue Kid
    Participant

I got there right at noon and the lines picked up pretty quick. Got some BBQ from Paddy Wagon; long wait but quite good. Nice day to be outside at least.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I was there from 12:20 to 1:00 and The lines varied from 30 people deep to 0 people deep.

The collection of trucks on the south-east lawn (Rich and Third) seemed to be hidden away a bit, so that seemed like the place to go if you want the shortest lines.

Twixlen
    Participant

I went last year on Friday night, and most of the lines were fine. It’s much better organized these days. ;)

News
    Participant

Photos: 2013 Columbus Food Truck Festival
    Published on August 16, 2013 1:30 pm
    By: Walker

The third annual Columbus Food Truck Festival kicked off at noon at Columbus Commons, and hungry patrons wasted no time getting in line. Over 40 trucks are participating in this year’s event, serving everything from bulgogi cheesesteak sandwiches to authentic Mexican tacos to pizza by the slice.

The festival runs through 10pm and continues tomorrow (Saturday) from noon to 10pm. Check out the photos below for a preview of what you can find this weekend.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/photos-2013-columbus-food-truck-festival

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Anyone go there for lunch today or planning to for dinner tonight? Wondering if it’s crazy busy today.

howatzer
    Participant

Kudos to the organizers this year. The festival was fantastically well run Friday evening. We were there from about 5:30 to about 7:30 and the lines were short – even for the beer. Great time for families/kids. The bathrooms were getting a bit overwhelmed when we left.

geoyui
    Participant

We went today around noon. Got food from half a dozen trucks and left around 1:30. The lines weren’t too bad at all.

I do miss the lawns on the west side that are now highpoint. Not as much green space where you can lay a blanket that is away from the main foot traffic areas and is a good distance from the music.

pez
    Participant

Lines not too bad this afternoon. Make sure to check out the trucks in the lot to the east of the commons, behind the ATM. Also, bring your own non-alcoholic drinks otherwise you get the priviledge of standing in 2 lines (one for tickets, one for the drink), to gouged on drinks. The trucks are not allowed to sell them.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Thanks to everyone who casted over 1000 votes in our survey for the best food trucks! Here’s the winners as they were announced on stage yesterday afternoon. Congrats to all!

Best Sandwich:
    1st Bulgogi Cheezesteak from Ajumama
    2nd Banh Mi from Mai Chau
    3rd Big Bad Wolf from That Food Truck

Best Tacos:
    1st Junior’s Tacos
    2nd Los Guachos
    3rd Dos Hermanos

Best Burger:
    1st The OH! Burger
    2nd Wyatt Erp from Hungry Monkey
    3rd Bison Burger from Blu Olive

Best Ethnic:
    1st Ajumama
    2nd Mai Chau
    3rd Aromaku

Best Dessert:
    1st Jeni’s
    2nd Leslie’s Creperie
    3rd Crepes a la carte

Best Overall – Cart:
    1st Kenny’s Meat Wagon
    2nd Short North Bagel Deli
    3rd Freedom a la Carte

Best Overall – Truck:
    1st Ajumama
    2nd That Food Truck
    3rd Mya’s Fried Chicken

And the Community Award recipent:
    Jim Ellison of Food Fort

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

I’m surprised the cart (well it wasn’t really a cart) serving the sobe noodles didn’t win anything. I tried both days to get some and the line was around 75 people deep.

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)

The forum ‘Food & Drink Events’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: