2012 ComFest: News and Discussion
- This topic is empty.
- February 6, 2012 7:02 pm at 7:02 pm #90199
Will YOU design the T-Shirt for ComFest’s 40th??
READ CAREFULLY! There are special requirements for 2012.
Design the Comfest Tee-Shirt! Entries must be brought to the shelter house in Goodale Park on Thursday, March 1 at 7:30 PM, and meet the following requirements:
1. It should be a black and white drawing. We do a one color silk-screen in order to be economical. Due to the mechanical limitations and expense of the silk-screening process, it is difficult and expensive to do grey tones or shading. If your design has some shading, it would have to be done in a way that will lend itself to be easily silk-screened.
2. Include the dates: June 22, 23, 24, 2012 or June 22-24, 2012.
3. Include the name, Community Festival. Those two words must appear together in the design. In
addition, you can place the word “ComFest” in the design if you wish.
4. Include the place, Goodale Park.
5. Include the Hopewell symbol, available at ComFest.com
6. NEW FOR 2012: Because this year marks the 40th ComFest,the design should incorporate the theme: “Building Community for 40 Years”
7. Another good tip is to make the design with a vertical orientation so that it looks good on a tee-shirt. The logo will appear in other places but the most important place is on the tee-shirt.
9. PRINT artist’s name and contact info on the BACK of the contest entry, not the front.
* Explanatory text to accompany a logo design is not recommended. Show don’t tell!
* An artist may enter two different logo designs, but only one version of a particular design may be entered.
Bring your fabulous artwork to Goodale Park Shelter House at 7PM for the public round of judging. Final decision will be made by ComFest General Planning Committee from the top 3 public choices.February 17, 2012 3:45 am at 3:45 am #480610
ComFest logo contest for 2012. “Building Community for 40 Years”
http://www.comfest.com/logo-contest.phpApril 12, 2012 1:59 am at 1:59 am #480611
Good News! We are accepting applications
for Street Fair booths until April 22, 2012.
Click here to apply today!June 1, 2012 1:59 am at 1:59 am #480612
If you love ComFest’s mellow vibe, help us maintain it. More SAFETY volunteers=fewer police officers.
We are also in need of Clean-Up & Recycling volunteers. We strive to leave the park better than we found it and with your help, we can make that happen.
Be part of a ComFest tradition.
VOLUNTEER @ comfest.com.
NOTE: All volunteers get a volunteers only t-shirt and 4 tokens for food and drink. All shifts are 4 hours.June 1, 2012 2:40 am at 2:40 am #480613
Friday night and Sunday morning shifts at the jazz stage have fit into my schedule nicely. I’d suggest that anyone who has the time to attend pours beer or volunteers for whatever they might be remotely comfortable doing. Unless you volunteer, I’d venture that you haven’t experienced the ComFest. I don’t do it for the beer tokens or t-shirt. I do it because it’s as much fun as you can have, while almost being completely legal.June 1, 2012 4:05 am at 4:05 am #480614
I’ve got a Friday evening shift at a wine tent and the Mr. has two beer tent shifts at some point!June 1, 2012 6:57 am at 6:57 am #480615
L.I. to BuckeyeParticipant
Brothermarcus and I are safety roving on Saturday afternoon!June 6, 2012 8:59 pm at 8:59 pm #480616
The music schedule is up!June 6, 2012 9:05 pm at 9:05 pm #480617
The music schedule is up!
It’s a shame the rest of the site seems to be broken. Lots of files not found.June 7, 2012 10:55 pm at 10:55 pm #480618
The music schedule is up!June 7, 2012 11:27 pm at 11:27 pm #480619
It worked for me yesterday. Imagine a ComFest computer jockey making a mistake; Inconceivable. Most anything I’d go out of my way for is Friday Night @ Offramp, but I go outta my way to marry the Jazz Stage Friday night. More fun than you can shake a (insert euphonium) at. I don’t think any of my friends are working with me that shift for the first time since I started taking it in the mid-nineties, so there might be some openings. Friday night closing shift is about as much fun as you can have (almost) legally.June 8, 2012 2:19 am at 2:19 am #480620June 8, 2012 2:35 am at 2:35 am #480621
Weird. Worked earlier.
It takes me to a volunteer sign up form not the music schedule.June 8, 2012 1:19 pm at 1:19 pm #480622
Is Flypaper playing this year? I didn’t see Jim on the schedule. Seems to always be one of the highlights of the festival. I’d be sad if they were not.June 8, 2012 1:20 pm at 1:20 pm #480623
What will happen with the pond during comfest? Mud wrestling pit?
The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.