Our City Online

Messageboard - Miscellaneous Events

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

2011 OTE Summer Tour of Historic Homes

Home Forums Events Miscellaneous Events 2011 OTE Summer Tour of Historic Homes

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

christylwilliams
    Participant

Save the date! The Olde Towne East and Franklin Park Neighborhoods will be hosting their annual Summer Tour of Historic Homes on Sunday, July 10th from 1-7pm. This year’s tour will be one to remember with 16 stops along historic Bryden Rd. The tour begins at the Columbus City Preparatory School for Girls at 1390 Bryden Road.

For tickets, volunteer opportunities, and the latest information regarding the tour, visit http://www.oldetowneeast.org/category/tour-of-homes/.

View event on Facebook.

BCNation
    Participant

I can’t wait! I’m like a five year-old on Christmas Eve.

hungrywoolf
    Participant

I really enjoyed this last year, looking forward to seeing a different part of the neighborhood.

I agree – last year’s tour was amazing, the houses and the neighborhood streets they showcased were great. It was suprising to see first hand all the good changes and rehabbed houses that didn’t exist in that part of Olde Towne just a short time ago. I will look forward to it again this year!

Also, this year the tour will focus on Historic Bryden Road and amazing Franklin Park area neighborhoods. My friends and I walked the Park and Bryden Road this past weekend from Rhodes to Parsons and the area is looking great – lots of houses being fixed up, new faces and new owners…this should be FUN!

On another note: OTENA really puts a lot of hard work into this successful event, which have been going on for 30 years! – so if you are new to Olde Towne and now living in the area please consider joining OTENA for $15.00 a year, meet new people, build connections and get involved. This is positive, impactfull, fulfilling and productive too!! Oldetowneeast.org

Reminder buy your tickets in advance and get a nice discount. Great way to check out a fun and happening neighborhood…

Volunteers are still needed. Please think about having fun, networking and connecting with new people in Olde Towne and downtown Columbus. You may just find your next great job! LOL. Also, good vignette in Columbus Sunday paper on tour and all the good stuff going in these Bryden Road historic homes

christylwilliams
    Participant

Article in the Dispatch over the weekend: Tour shows off efforts to save grand old residences

Please help us promote the tour on Facebook CU Friends!

If you use Facebook, a simple post on your personal Facebook page can go a long way to help us get the word out about this Sunday’s tour. All you have to do is copy and paste this link into your status update: http://www.facebook .com/event. php?eid=18167825 1883514

Thank you in advance for your help. We’re hoping for one of our most successful tours ever!

christylwilliams
    Participant

Sneak Peek: Olde Towne East Home Tour in this week’s Columbus Alive. I’ll be at the registration table all day on Sunday. Come say hi!

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

wtf with the sidewalks? city blunder, planner oversight?

christylwilliams
    Participant

I know right? We did our best to work with the city so this wouldn’t happen, but they could care less.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Ugh! Bummer!

The tour will still be awesome…the positive side is that the new corner cuts show that the City is investing, making capital improvements and upgrading Bryden Road, which is a good thing – although the timing is not ideal – Christy, the website and tour marketing looks awesome – congrats on another great tour – think this is the 33 year anniversary??

BCNation
    Participant

The Interview for the Tour. Special thanks for the interview. I enjoyed it.

Less than 48 hours and counting…the tour is going to be fabulous and all 16 homes on Bryden will be fabulous as well.

My $ .02 on the sidewalks: The city missed the ball on the sidewalks. They should have waited until AFTER the tour to do them ALL, or gotten them ALL done before the tour. The city has time to create two Downtown Parks but no time for sidewalks to make Bryden Road more attractive?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

The forum ‘Miscellaneous Events’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: