Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

12-story, 170-room Hilton Garden Inn Proposed Downtown

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development 12-story, 170-room Hilton Garden Inn Proposed Downtown

This topic contains 80 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by Stephen43215 Stephen43215 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 81 total)
  • Author

heresthecasey
    Participant

Indus plans $24M Hilton Garden Inn on downtown site of HER headquarters

David Patel has his eyes on a second hotel to serve the downtown corporate and convention lodging markets. The president of Indus Hotels expects to go before the city’s Downtown Commission on Jan. 27 to review a concept for the proposed 12-story, 170-room Hilton Garden Inn at 77 E. Nationwide Blvd.

The $24.4 million project is planned between the boutique Lofts Hotel, 55 E. Nationwide Blvd., and the 89 Fish Grill-anchored office property at 89 E. Nationwide.HER Realtors now has its headquarters at that site.

http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/news/2015/01/14/indus-plans-24m-hilton-garden-inn-on-downtown-site.html

futureman
    Participant

Nice news for sure. A 12 story building at that site would go well. I believe that would put it around the Crowne Plaza next door.

At only 170 rooms for a hotel next to a convention center does seem a bit small. I’d love to see another 500+ room full service hotel go up in the area … like the proposed hotel/mixed use that got nixed on the north end (sigh).

Still, this is a good project. Looking forward to seeing some renderings.

jbcmh81
    Participant

I have not at all been impressed with some of their other designs, like on Olentangy, but I hope they can do something cool there.

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

The more hotel rooms Downtown, the better. Lookin’ forward to more details.

Pro Se
    Participant

Would be great if they could complete this before DNC (if we get it).

ehill27
    Participant

(recall)

dru
    Participant

HGIs are a nice mid-range brand. I had hoped long hoped that one might front of the mythological Field House that was proposed a number of years ago, as it would be the level of strong appeal to families and groups attending sporting events and competitions at a sports pavilion. https://www.columbusunderground.com/forums/topic/downtown-2010-plan-idea-9-field-house

Pablo
    Participant

Saw a rendering this morning – was not impressed. It needs work. It’ll be in front of the Downtown Commission next week.

Josh Miller
    Josh Miller
    Participant

The bar isn’t set very high by the other hotel properties in that stretch of Nationwide fwiw

News
    Participant

Renderings Unveiled for New 12-Story Downtown Hotel
    January 23, 2015 11:31 am – Walker Evans

It was announced last week that Indus Hotels has proposed the construction of a new 12-story Hilton Garden Inn hotel at 77 East Nationwide Boulevard, and today the preliminary renderings have been revealed that give an idea of what the development could look like.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/renderings-unveiled-for-new-12-story-downtown-hotel

ohbr
    Participant

Yep. It’s definitely a Hilton Garden Inn. I’m not sure they even come in any real varied design. I didn’t expect anything different with a HGI.

Pablo
    Participant

The front elevation isn’t too bad. But when you look at it from the side you can see the building sticks out further than any other building. The columns holding up the building create sort of an underpass feeling. There appears to be an outdoor area but you can’t get much to grow there leaving a pretty dismal space. There’s a huge blank wall on a portion of the side elevation – future advertising space? I will say it’s better than the Dreary Inn…

King Gambrinus
    King Gambrinus
    Participant

I saw the front and thought that looks surprisingly nice. Then I saw the side and thought never mind. They should keep it the same depth as the surrounding buildings and just add a few more floors to get the room count they need. Rather than lurking out over the sidewalk like that.

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

Yeah, the side doesn’t seem to make much sense, from a practical or aesthetic perspective.

heresthecasey
    Participant

Yep. It’s definitely a Hilton Garden Inn. I’m not sure they even come in any real varied design. I didn’t expect anything different with a HGI.

Downtown Pittsburgh has a pretty nice Hilton Garden Inn currently under construction,
    http://hiltongardeninn3.hilton.com/en/hotels/pennsylvania/hilton-garden-inn-pittsburgh-downtown-PITFAGI/index.html

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 81 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Join us for the Beer & Pretzel Pairing Party on November 3rd featuring Combustion Brewing & Happy Little Treats!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFO