Our City Online

Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

10TV Cara Connelly

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Everyday Chit Chat 10TV Cara Connelly

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

nexttuesday
    Participant

Today is the first time I’ve seen her as an anchor. She seems like she’s auditioning for a play. Her fake interest in mundane news stories is obvious. At least she’s only on during weekends when I can more easily ignore her.

Tigertree

How about Ashley Drain on the FOX traffic report?

catnfiddle
    Participant

Give Cara time, she’s probably still figuring out the anchor desk. As for Ashley, at least she can finally say “Olentangy” without hiccuping.

AmyD
    Participant

poor ashley. her accent sounds just like my mom.
    but do you remember how monica day was when she first started? i felt so bad for her! now she’s good.

Rockmastermike
    Participant

Monica seemed to be trying desperately to hide her real accent behind a fake “radio DJ” voice (radio folk call it “puking”) for a while. She’s doing much better now that she’s not doing that as much.

Ashley is obviously new to the art of reading the teleprompter but has improved a bit in the last few months.

enobats

Cara has a lot of experience as an anchor and is very professional and very careing. When she worked at KYTV in Springfield Mo, she brought so many smiles to so many people. I miss her. Best of luck to you Cara. !!! :)

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

lol.

chaptal
    Participant

enobats wrote >>
    Cara has a lot of experience as an anchor and is very professional and very careing. When she worked at KYTV in Springfield Mo, she brought so many smiles to so many people. I miss her. Best of luck to you Cara. !!! :)

Sounds more like what a candy striper should be doing.

hivner1

Ahh… fellow lovers of local media. Does anyone remember the blizzard of ’03 when Chris Bradley stayed up for like 48hrs straight just to tell us that it was snowing outside our window? Rulers and all!

Core_Models

Patch
    Participant

Tigertree wrote >>
    How about Ashley Drain on the FOX traffic report?

i freakin love Ashley.

she is her own phenomenon.

i just stare at her, wondering how/why in the hell she is on tv.

sjf

I thought Ashley would get better. It’s amazing she’s just as bad as when she started.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The forum ‘Everyday Chit Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: