Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

New Eight-Story City of Columbus Office Building

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development New Eight-Story City of Columbus Office Building

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 92 total)
  • Author

heresthecasey
    Participant

Do we have any idea yet what the new building here is going to look like?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Nope. Renderings should be coming soon from what I’ve heard last weekend though…

Stephen43215
    Stephen43215
    Participant

Any news or renderings of the new building taking it’s place?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Photo 1 = Friday. Photo 2 = Today.

heresthecasey
    Participant

I can’t believe we still have no details about the replacement building.

jbaker544
    jbaker544
    Participant

I thought I saw you out there Walker! Kind of cool watching a building biting the dust…

RBloodworth
    Participant

That’s probably because there isn’t one. I’ll bet pretty strongly that this is going to remain another parking lot for quite a while.

heresthecasey
    Participant

From tonight’s City Council agenda,

CITY HALL CAMPUS: Finance Committee chair Priscilla R. Tyson is sponsoring ordinance 2190-2014 for professional architectural and engineering consulting services for the new Front and Long Street building.

The building will house, among other City services, the Building and Zoning, Development, and Public Service departments. The ordinance authorizes a contract modification to address changes in the scale, scope and location of the building’s parking garage and will include plans for street retail.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Nice!

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

Very nice!!

Stephen43215
    Stephen43215
    Participant

Will the garage be in a different space away from the building?

Pro Se
    Participant

Dispatch article suggest that it may not be rebuilt for a couple of years. While I like the retail component, I hope the other changes did not reduce its height. I believe there was a passing reference to eight stories before–something I’d be very happy with.

Josh Miller
    Josh Miller
    Participant

A “Conceptual review of new City of Columbus Administrative Office Building, parking garage and landscaping .” is on the agenda for next Tuesday’s Downtown Commission meeting!

Pablo
    Participant

Looks like there’s a parking garage proposed for the northwest corner of Front & Long.

jbcmh81
    Participant

Looks like there’s a parking garage proposed for the northwest corner of Front & Long.

As long as retail is included on the ground level, I’d be okay with that. The last thing Front needs is another parking garage dead zone.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 92 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.