Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

10 TV doesn't know where Clintonville is?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion 10 TV doesn't know where Clintonville is?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Eugene_C
    Participant

10 TV reported “Home invasions in Clintonville” yesterday but didn’t say where they were. So, some further investigation revealed that the crimes occurred between 11th and Arcadia. Isn’t that Old North Cbus?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Heh. At least they tried. Most TV news reports would just say “North Side” to mean anything between Downtown and Delaware County.

lazyfish
    lazyfish
    Participant

some would call it campus or the University District, probably don’t want to scare the moms and dads of current or prospective students…interesting how hands off the U has been about this latest crime wave.

ohbr
    Participant

There have been a bunch in Old North/UD for about a month. We’re talking multiple ARMED home invasions a week, sometimes multiple a night all in the area Eugene points out. Bas soon as Clintonvile had one or two, (there were a couple just north of the ravine) it suddenly became newsworthy. The whole neighborhood is on edge, police have been here in force and undercover, I’ve heard the chopper more in the last 2 weeks than I did when I lived in, let’s say, les desireable neighborhoods and I heard it ALOT there.

The area is used to burglaries. It’s part and parcel to a neighborhood with so much rental and density. The occasional burglar who will walk in an unlocked door and pretend to be at the wrong address, apologize, and leave. What the community is concerned about is the fact that there appears to be a group of people who have escalated from breaking in to unoccupied homes to intentionally confronting residents with weapons.

While the news may be getting it wrong, and OSU hasn’t seemed to have reacted (though not sure they have much of a responsibility to do so so far off campus) CPD has been great, from what I can tell, about their response to the community. Response times are almost instant and they have been putting a lot of resources from what we’ve been told into this concerning crime wave.

Eugene_C
    Participant

If you notice the new pattern they have switched to working in armed pairs or groups, which makes it more difficult for a single, armed homeowner to defend against. They hit several houses in a row, probably to make up for the extra shares of loot they have to divide.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: