Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

$1 Oysters - Monday Nights at Rigsby's

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining $1 Oysters – Monday Nights at Rigsby’s

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 69 total)
  • Author

michaelcoyote
    Participant

dru wrote >>

Bear wrote >>
    Big crowd there yesterday, including a couple that was pretty irked that they ran out of oysters.
    So… just got word there will be 400 oysters next week.
    Blammo… this could be your moment of glory.

in spite of Blammo’s absence, I still got there too late for the Oysters. It must have been by minutes, as almost every other party had plates of empty shells on the bar, taunting us for arriving late.
    the 3 small plates for $10 was a good way to overcome our sorrow.

Which 3?

dru
    Participant

michaelcoyote wrote >>

dru wrote >>

Bear wrote >>
    Big crowd there yesterday, including a couple that was pretty irked that they ran out of oysters.

in spite of Blammo’s absence, I still got there too late for the Oysters. It must have been by minutes, as almost every other party had plates of empty shells on the bar, taunting us for arriving late.

Which 3?

any 3 antipasti. and this is not just on Mondays:
    http://www.rigsbyskitchen.com/images/Rigsby%27sKitchen_BarMenu_2.25.10.pdf

labi
    Participant

Can I just chime in and say that when we were there a couple weeks ago for oysters (had just blizzard-ed, so crowds were low and no oyster battles) – those oysters were the most perfect things I’ve ever had, and I lived in Charleston SC for a while. Sweet as can be, floating on that little tiny bit of briny juice.

Total, absolute treat. Thanks again to whomever first posted about this here.

michaelcoyote
    Participant

dru wrote >>

michaelcoyote wrote >>

dru wrote >>

Bear wrote >>

Which 3?

Oh, sorry, I meant which 3 did you have.

dru
    Participant

michaelcoyote wrote >>

dru wrote >>

michaelcoyote wrote >>

dru wrote >>

Bear wrote >>

Which 3?

Oh, sorry, I meant which 3 did you have.

Deviled Eggs, Salmon Crostini, Flatbread w/ Ricotta and Honey. All were tasty.

michaelcoyote
    Participant

dru wrote >>

Deviled Eggs, Salmon Crostini, Flatbread w/ Ricotta and Honey. All were tasty.

Yes, those are good. I like all of the small plates I think. I’m particularly fond of the salmon and the pork belly.

Bear
    Participant

Correction: just saw 300 this week, not 400. Still, triple the usual order.

berdawn

anyone know the order for this week?

hungrywoolf
    Participant

No – their facebook said the oysters are chilling — but it didn’t say how many.

lisathewaitress
    Participant

are there any of you who greatly prefer west coast oysters who have tried these? also how big are they usually?

hungrywoolf
    Participant

They are usually the same Island Creek Oysters from MA. I think the photo in my post is fairly representative. Even though they come from the same place every week the flavor is surprisingly variable.

lisathewaitress
    Participant

I’m usually not a fan of east coast oysters, which is why I was wondering if any other west coast oyster lovers had tried these and had an opinion on how they compared.

hungrywoolf
    Participant

300 oysters…. And only 10% gone so far.

blammo
    Participant

damn. i wish i had the time and money to do this tonight.

groundrules
    Participant

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 69 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE