Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

$1 Oysters - Monday Nights at Rigsby's

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining $1 Oysters – Monday Nights at Rigsby’s

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 69 total)
  • Author

michaelcoyote
    Participant

Shhh!! :)

KSquared

ohiojimmie wrote >>

dru wrote >>

ohiojimmie wrote >>
    That’s quite a deal! If only I could afford anything else on their menu.
    Dinner Menu

try their bar menu:
    Cichetti

That looks more doable. My Italian isn’t good enough to translate Cichetti. I do remember “bere” is to drink and “birre” is beers.

The deviled eggs are stupid good.

michaelcoyote
    Participant

KSquared wrote >>

ohiojimmie wrote >>

dru wrote >>

ohiojimmie wrote >>
    Dinner Menu

try their bar menu:
    Cichetti

That looks more doable. My Italian isn’t good enough to translate Cichetti. I do remember “bere” is to drink and “birre” is beers.

The deviled eggs are stupid good.

They are…

cory

ohiojimmie wrote >>

dru wrote >>

ohiojimmie wrote >>
    Dinner Menu

try their bar menu:
    Cichetti

I know “Prego” is “You’re Welcome.” I learned it when I worked as a waiter at an Italian place not worth mentioning… I was eager to try out my new Italian one night, and after the meal an older Italian couple thanked me “Grazie.” I responded with “Ragu.” I don’t know what that means, but they looked offended.. Be careful which spaghetti sauce you choose when reciprocating gratitude with your Italian friends!

blammo
    Participant

my recommendations: show up early and order prolifically. apparently Rigsby’s only ordered 100 oysters for tonight and I ate 1/3 of them. I am assuming they will not underorder again.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

blammo wrote >>
    my recommendations: show up early and order prolifically. apparently Rigsby’s only ordered 100 oysters for tonight and I ate 1/3 of them. I am assuming they will not underorder again.

yikes. were there yummy crackers and good accompaniments? i like a little worcestershire cuz i’m a freak.

blammo
    Participant

they provided bread as an appetizer of sorts, and cocktail sauce and what appeared to be either horseradish or minced onions soaked in vinegar. I didn’t ask for any crackers though, they just get in the way!

The oysters were excellent & the appetizers we ordered afterwards were a great value. I rarely go out to eat at restaurants so I have to say that last night was a welcome indulgence, and considering the vast quantity and variety of things I consumed, that it was money well spent. Sorry if I ruined anyone’s evening by eating “their” oysters, but as the french saying goes, “tough shit”. HA

somertimeoh
    Participant

Yes, thank you for mentioning this! Last time I had oysters served on the half shell there were no crackers to be found! WTF? I didn’t even need fancy ones, just some saltines. Add cocktail sauce and I’m in business!!

Snarf, do you do horseradish too or just worcestershire?

blammo
    Participant

what do you even do with the crackers? I don’t think i’ve ever opened a package in the presence of a raw oyster? just wondering.

somertimeoh
    Participant

Ohhh man, you people are weird!! Put oyster on cracker with that little mini fork thing, add cocktail sauce (or whatever your sauce preference is), shove whole thing in in mouth. Rinse and repeat :)

blammo
    Participant

oh hell no! not sure why you would fuck up a perfectly good oyster by putting it on a cracker! that seems like blasphemy to me! that would just ruin that raw oyster texture. to each their own though, i’m sure rigsby’s could produce some crackers if pressed.

i don’t like my sushi with rice either, so go figure. sashimi all the way!

drew
    Participant

Blammo downed 30, and we offed 24 of ’em.

This is a CU oyster count – anyone else?

blammo
    Participant

michael & mercurius showed up later but they were too late to get an order in. and stacy showed up right after you left, not sure if that counts as a CU number though.

hungrywoolf
    Participant

Snarf wrote >>

blammo wrote >>

yikes. were there yummy crackers and good accompaniments? i like a little worcestershire cuz i’m a freak.

I’m sure worcestershire sauce would be no problem – they were making bloody Mary’s so must have some at the bar.

The accompaniments offered are mignonette – (shallots in vinegar), cocktail sauce, lemon and 2 types of Eleni Christina bread.

Somer – you might need to bring your own saltines.

somertimeoh
    Participant

Haha, it must be a southern thing. Blammo, lets not forget, I AM white trash :)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 69 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE