Malls Reopen: Easton Requires Masks, Polaris & Tuttle Recommend Them
As retailers begin to resume business operations, Central Ohio’s major shopping destinations have updated their customer code of conduct policies to reflect new safety measures to protect against the spread of COVID-19. Easton Town Center, Polaris Fashion Place and The Mall at Tuttle Crossing all re-opened to the public earlier today.
While the state government has required employees of retail businesses to wear protective masks covering their mouths and noses, it is only recommended that customers do the same, allowing each business to make the final call. Both Polaris and Tuttle are following the state’s recommendation guideline on that point, while Easton is taking it a step further and requiring that shoppers wear masks while in common areas.
“All guests, employees, vendors and partners must wear a face cover in common area spaces, while still adhering to 6-ft of physical distance,” states the Easton website’s safety protocols page. “Common areas (both interior and exterior) include parking garages and parking lots. Exceptions will be made for those with medical conditions who are unable to wear a mask or face covering and those under the age of two. We understand this is beyond the Governor’s guidelines, but we are doing this to protect the most vulnerable populations, and we will continue to review and amend the policy as necessary.”
Additional customer/shopping guidelines include the following as of 2PM on Tuesday May 12, 2020:
The Mall at Tuttle Crossing
- Perform a self-health check prior to visiting the property. Anyone with a temperature greater than 100.4°F or who has flu-like symptoms (e.g., cough, body aches) will be advised not to visit the property.
- Customers will be encouraged to wear facial coverings as recommended by the CDC. Free masks and sanitizing wipe packets will be available to shoppers at designated entrances or at the mall office.
- Customers will be encouraged and reminded to maintain 6 feet of separation with others by way of on-property signage, public service announcements, and active and ongoing encouragement by property security staff.
- Refrain from touching your nose, mouth, and eyes. Wash your hands on a frequent basis with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds. Use sanitizer stations in the common areas of the property to keep hands clean.
Polaris Fashion Place
- Practice social distancing and stay at least 6 feet (2 meters) from other people. Do not gather in groups.
- Covering your mouth and nose with a cloth face cover is recommended.
- Do not move tables or seating within the food court or other common areas.
- Adhere to each individual tenant’s COVID-19 policies.
- Adhere to all federal, state and local regulations, recommendations and mandates regarding COVID-19.
- If applicable, follow line queuing procedures provided by tenant(s) and/or center management.
- If applicable, adhere to the limit on the number of people permitted inside each individual tenant’s store at one time.
- People who have been diagnosed with COVID-19, or are waiting for test results, or have symptoms such as cough, fever, or shortness of breath should adhere to the CDC guidelines for quarantine and isolation.
Easton Town Center
- Hand-sanitizing stations are located throughout the entire property – interior and exterior.
- All guests, employees, vendors and partners must wear a face cover in common area spaces, while still adhering to 6-ft of physical distance. Common areas (both interior and exterior) include parking garages and parking lots. Exceptions will be made for those with medical conditions who are unable to wear a mask or face covering and those under the age of two. We understand this is beyond the Governor’s guidelines, but we are doing this to protect the most vulnerable populations, and we will continue to review and amend the policy as necessary.
- A modified Parental Escort Policy stating that youth under 16 years of age MUST be accompanied by parent or legal guardian over the age of 21 on Easton property 24/7. This policy was enacted Spring of 2020.
- Vigilantly enforced gathering restriction of the existing No Loitering Policy of 4 or more people together.
- Digital touchscreen and hand-held directories are not available for the time being. For an interactive map of the property, download the MyEaston app or visit EastonTownCenter.com.
- Interior Station Building automatic and manual door entries are propped open to allow for no-touch access and natural air flow/circulation, where possible.
- Elevators have marked, physical distancing signage.
- Interior staircases (grand and other) have marked signage with restricted one-way traffic flow, to ensure physical distance separation, where applicable.
- Fountains are running, but the Town Square Fountain will not operate as a Splash Pad, until we are safely able to do so.
- Public Restrooms:
- Doors are propped open, if not open already, to allow for no-touch access and natural air flow/circulation
- Some sinks and urinals are closed/marked off to maintain a 6-foot distance
- Retrofitting of manual flushing handles, soap dispensers, and sinks to become automatic, where possible
- Trolley and BuggE transportation services have been temporarily suspended.
- Limited seating areas are in place to adhere to physical distancing requirement.
- All Retailers are allowing 50% occupancy, based on fire code count.