Construction Roundup: November 2014 — Part 1
The year is quickly coming to a close. Soon we’ll be featuring our year-end roundups that look back at the changes that have occurred in Columbus throughout all of 2014, but until then we’ve got one more monthly summary from the world of construction and development within our city. Some of these projects are inching toward completion, like some of the new buildings at Grandview Yard, while others are just getting started, like the soon-to-be prominent LC Riversouth building that will start rising from the ground this winter.
This month’s roundup features photos and updates on some of the following projects under construction:
- LC Riversouth — Two new eight-story apartment buildings in RiverSouth, Downtown.
- 250 High – An 11-story mixed-use apartment/office/retail tower at High & Rich, Downtown.
- OSU North Residential District – A large-scale redevelopment of the north end of OSU’s main campus.
- The View on High – A new five-story mixed-use building that replaced a Wendy’s near OSU.
- The View on Fifth – 285 new apartment units on Fifth Avenue.
- Stewart Elementary School — A renovation and expansion of the German Village school.
- St. Mary’s School Building — The former school is being converted into a private residence.
- I-70/71 Split Fix — The ongoing multi-phase reconstruction of interstates through Downtown.
- Poindexter Village — Redevelopment of this 26 acre site on the Near East Side.
- Kaplin Site — Redevelopment of this 35 acre site at Grandview Ave and 33/Dublin Road.
- Grandview Yard — A 100-acre mixed-use redevelopment in Grandview Heights.
- Orange Barrel HQ — The new Franklinton headquarters for Orange Barrel Media.
- Scioto River Greenways — The redevelopment of the Scioto River through Downtown Columbus.
- Goodale Landing — New senior housing at the Westminster-Thurber Community.
- LeVeque Tower — A restoration and renovation project at the iconic Downtown building.