Construction Roundup: February 2017
We’re only one full month into the new year, and construction continues in full force at work sites spread all throughout the central city and beyond. New apartment buildings are sprouting up quickly throughout Downtown, Grandview, The Short North and University District. Large-scale institutional projects are also underway with the COSI garage and greenspace just getting started while the Convention Center expansion is wrapping up.
As always, our Construction Roundup series gives you a quick snapshot of what’s going on all around the city to help you keep tabs on what the near-future holds. More details on each development project can be found at the links below:
- The Wellington – The six-story mixed-use apartment building that will contain an urban Target store.
- Renovated Citizens Building – Located at Gay & High, with an underground tunnel in the works.
- Hubbard Park Place – A new seven-story apartment building in Victorian Village.
- 330 Oak Street — A new nine-story apartment building located Downtown.
- Nationwide Children’s Hospital – Several new buildings under construction during a large expansion.
- Front & Whittier — New townhomes under construction in the Brewery District.
- LC RiverSouth – Two new apartment buildings from Lifestyle Communities at Rich & High.
- 303 South Front – A new five-story apartment building in the RiverSouth neighborhood.
- Coleman Government Center – A new eight-story City of Columbus office building.
- COSI Underground Garage — A new parking structure and greenspace next to COSI.
- Fifth and Town – A new five-story mixed-use apartment building located Downtown.
- Four-Story Bone and Joint Clinic Expansion at Grant Hospital
- The Northside Library Branch – A new two-story 25,000 square foot Columbus Metro Library location.
- Six-Story Mixed-Use Residential Building at High & Third in the Short North
- The Castle — A new eight-story mixed-use residential building in the Short North.
- A Three-Unit Infill Project in Italian Village
- Jeffrey Park Homes – New for-sale homes under construction in Italian Village.
- The Convention Center — A $125 million expansion and renovation of the entire facility.
- The View on Grant – An eight-story repurposed warehouse building planned as apartments.
- 288 East Long — A trio of renovated buildings planned as apartment units Downtown.
- The Neilston — A new five-story apartment building on Long Street Downtown.
- Lane and High — A five-story mixed-use apartment building under construction near OSU.
- The Manchester – A five-story mixed-use apartment building in Grandview Yard.
- The Homes on Pullman Way – A group of 44 for-sale homes and townhomes.
- 828 on the Yard – A new five-story 35-units condo development in Grandview Yard.
- The Jerome — A new five-story 54-unit apartment building in Victorian Village.
Check out more projects, information and construction photos below.
CLICK HERE for more Columbus development news and updates.
All photos by Walker Evans.