Construction Roundup: December 2014
The unseasonably warm weather we’ve had lately has been a blessing for local developers as their construction crews have been able to continue with new projects all around the city at a rapid pace. That means that the final Construction Roundup photo update of the year provides a visually distinct update to close out 2014 with, which has been a very significant year for development in Columbus. A quick look back at January’s roundup reveals just how much work has been completed on the various apartment, office, and infrastructure projects all throughout the city.
This month’s roundup features photos and updates on some of the following projects under construction:
- Grandview Yard — A 100-acre mixed-use redevelopment in Grandview Heights.
- Trotter’s Gate – Six three-story apartment buildings under construction in Harrison West.
- Jeffrey Park – New large-scale residential community in Italian Village.
- Harrison Park — 24 New Townhomes adjacent to Harrison Park in Harrison West.
- The Prescott — A six-story residential building at Prescott and Pearl in Italian Village.
- The Fireproof – A historic building being renovated and expanded in the Short North.
- Grant Commons – A row of townhome buildings along 11th Avenue in Weinland Park.
- OSU North Residential District – A large-scale redevelopment of the north end of OSU’s main campus.
- Bishop’s Walk – New condos added on Gay Street to Neighborhood Launch.
- The Dennison — A historic restoration and expansion project in Victorian Village.
- Battery B – New apartments under construction in Italian Village.
- LC Riversouth — Two new eight-story apartment buildings in RiverSouth, Downtown.
- 250 High – An 11-story mixed-use apartment/office/retail tower at High & Rich, Downtown.
- The View on High – A new five-story mixed-use building that replaced a Wendy’s near OSU.
- The View on Fifth – 285 new apartment units on Fifth Avenue.
- Poindexter Village — Redevelopment of this 26 acre site on the Near East Side.
- Scioto River Greenways — The redevelopment of the Scioto River through Downtown Columbus.
- Goodale Landing — New senior housing at the Westminster-Thurber Community.
- LeVeque Tower — A restoration and renovation project at the iconic Downtown building.