Construction Roundup: April 2014 Pt 1
Construction continues throughout urban Columbus as dozens of mixed-use projects containing thousands of new apartment units are under way. Additionally, work continues on road and highway projects, greenspaces and parkland, and offices and retail buildings as well. Below is a summary of our updates this month with photos below that:
- Grandview Yard Apartments – An additional set of 120 apartment units in three four-story buildings.
- Grandview Yard Retail – A 92,000 square foot Giant Eagle on Third Avenue with surrounding retail.
- The Julian – A residential redevelopment of a former warehouse at Front & Main, Downtown.
- Misc Italian Village Development – Single family home infill projects.
- Battery B – A 56-unit apartment development at 6th and 2nd in Italian Village.
- Jeffrey Park – The first apartment building in a larger 41-acre 1,350-unit residential project.
- The Joseph – An 11-story hotel and six-story office building located in the Short North.
- Riverfront Redevelopment – The removal of the Main Street Dam and creation of 33 acres of greenspace.
- LC Riversouth – Two eight-story 100+ unit apartment buildings at High & Rich, Downtown.
- 250 High – A 12-story 156-unit mixed-use apartment building at High & Rich, Downtown.
- Highpoint at Columbus Commons – A 300-unit apartment complex at Columbus Commons.
- Mound Street Connector – The next phase of the I-70/71 highway reconstruction project.
- Mixed Use Building on Parsons – A new three story building will house a gym and retail spaces.
- Nationwide Childrens Hospital – Ongoing work continues at Childrens Hopsital.
- Poindexter Village – The former CMHA housing site has been demolished for redevelopment.