Best Messageboard Topic of 2010 – The 3C Corridor
The 3C Corridor Passenger Rail system has been a topic discussed on Columbus Underground for several years, but the rumble around the train became much louder in 2010 as the project started to make some tangible progress. In January, the project was awarded $400 million in federal stimulus dollars and was given the greenlight to proceed. In July, we interviewed ODOT Director Jolene Molitoris who answered additional questions about the project as research moved forward. In September, a report was released with details on the jobs and development the project would bring to Ohio. On November 3rd, 12 hours after winning the election, Governor-elect John Kasich announced that he would be canceling the project and sending the $400 million in stimulus funding (and jobs and development) to rail projects in other states. While the discussion is likely to continue, it most likely will not be as prominent of a topic in 2011.
Top 10 Messageboard Topics of 2010:
- The 3C Passenger Rail Corridor
- What’s Cooking?
- The United States of Inequality
- The Ghosts of Columbus Past
- The 2010 Downtown Development Plan
- Hubbard Grill – Old Rosendales/Details Space in the Short North
- City of Columbus Recycling Discussion
- Cooper Stadium Racetrack Proposal
- General Job Openings – Post ’em here!
- Bar L’étranger Grand Opening