Zombie Walk Invading Columbus this Weekend

Walker Evans Walker Evans

On Saturday, hundreds of zombies will be gathering in Goodale Park at 3pm to participate in the annual Zombie Walk. So bust out your best zombie costume and participate! The walk will take place up and down High Street, mostly in the Short North. Bring your camera if you want to document the insanity!

Here are some details from last year, the official myspace page, a whole slew of photos from last year, and even a video from last year on YouTube.

34 Responses to Zombie Walk Invading Columbus this Weekend

Walker June 12, 2008 10:19 am at 10:19 am

Walker June 12, 2008 10:20 am at 10:20 am

Click to enlarge

3. Bear
    Bear June 12, 2008 10:23 am at 10:23 am

Sweet!!

4. vestanpance
    vestanpance June 12, 2008 10:25 am at 10:25 am

I went to watch last year. A lot of Juggalo’s

ick

5. brandonphoto
    brandonphoto June 12, 2008 10:39 am at 10:39 am

Wow, that’s a lot of zombies. More orderly than I expected.

BRRRAAAAIINNNNNNSSSSSSSSS

6. enzo
    enzo June 12, 2008 11:04 am at 11:04 am

wow, thanks for the heads up….i do not care for scary things……

7. Bear
    Bear June 12, 2008 11:10 am at 11:10 am

Question is, will the pirates show up for a counter-demonstration?

“What do we want?”

“BRAAAAAINS!”

“When do we want it?”

“… BRAAAAAAAINS!”

8. Brent
    Brent June 12, 2008 11:43 am at 11:43 am

Is this one of those things that doesn’t even register on the unintentional comedy scale?

9. cab124
    cab124 June 12, 2008 12:10 pm at 12:10 pm

Humans can be really weird.

10. dredd
    dredd June 12, 2008 12:11 pm at 12:11 pm

when do the ninjas show up?

11. Bear
    Bear June 12, 2008 12:30 pm at 12:30 pm

dredd wrote when do the ninjas show up?

You’ll never know.

12. catnfiddle June 12, 2008 12:30 pm at 12:30 pm

I didn’t know there was the three-way battle for supremacy between ninjas, pirates and zombies. Didn’t realize zombies cared enough.

One of my friends participates in this one and has a ball with it. It’s tempting, but I’m allergic to the latex makeup required to have decaying flesh.

13. Ndcent
    Ndcent June 12, 2008 12:42 pm at 12:42 pm

vestanpance wrote I went to watch last year. A lot of Juggalo’s

ick

:wink:

14. JonMyers June 12, 2008 12:49 pm at 12:49 pm

That shit is so funny.

15. Roland
    Roland June 12, 2008 1:50 pm at 1:50 pm

I took pictures last year. It’s a really fun event. The faces on the patrons of Hyde Park’s patio are priceless. There’s a lot going for the zombie walk, but it’s worth going down just to see that alone.

16. gramarye
    gramarye June 12, 2008 1:51 pm at 1:51 pm

Bear wrote
    dredd wrote when do the ninjas show up?

You’ll never know.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

17. lilbit
    lilbit June 12, 2008 3:28 pm at 3:28 pm

18. UncommonSense
    UncommonSense June 12, 2008 3:40 pm at 3:40 pm

We’ve already been invaded, people. :shock: I saw a bunch of the undead with Zombie Army Productions[/url] gear checking into the Hyatt Regency this morning. There goes the neighborhood…

catnfiddle wrote It’s tempting, but I’m allergic to the latex makeup required to have decaying flesh.

Who says you need latex to have decaying flesh? :roll:

19. foxforcefive June 12, 2008 3:40 pm at 3:40 pm

Does Yankee Trader sponsor this? Kinda like Hallmark sponsoring Sweetest Day?

20. catnfiddle June 12, 2008 3:42 pm at 3:42 pm

lilbit wrote Those zombies need some acting lessons. Why put on all that makeup only to walk down the street with a half-assed zombie attitude?

Not all of us can pull off that “Thriller” dance number.

21. Rockmastermike June 13, 2008 8:47 am at 8:47 am

vestanpance wrote I went to watch last year. A lot of Juggalo’s

ick

try: http://www.encyclopediadramatica.org/juggalo

22. vestanpance
    vestanpance June 13, 2008 9:37 am at 9:37 am

Rockmastermike wrote

try: http://www.encyclopediadramatica.org/juggalo

There is currently no text in this page, you can search for this page title in other pages or edit this page.

23. ActionDeath June 14, 2008 12:57 am at 12:57 am

In response to the ‘acting lessons’ guy: This is an event for everyone. I met several people last year who had NEVER done ANYTHING like it before. No make-up. No acting. Nothing. I think the less theatrical it is, the less serious people will take it, and the more fun it will be. Just my opinion.

Anyone mention this is also a food drive? Cans, not brains. We’re accepting donations for the Mid-Ohio Food Bank.

Hope to see some of you there! Ninjas, pirates… No matter. Add a little fake blood and a nice slow stagger and you’ll fit right in!

-Kurt

24. ooh pujie June 14, 2008 1:05 am at 1:05 am

lolz maybe restaurants should feature zombie fudz in honor

25. Bear
    Bear June 14, 2008 9:29 am at 9:29 am

ooh pujie wrote lolz maybe restaurants should feature zombie fudz in honor

Oh DAMN! What a brilliant idea. Unfortunately, it’s probably too late… but some specials made from (say) lamb’s brains would be totally awesome.

26. transplantedbelle June 14, 2008 11:19 am at 11:19 am

Bear wrote Question is, will the pirates show up for a counter-demonstration?

“What do we want?”

“BRAAAAAINS!”

“When do we want it?”

“… BRAAAAAAAINS!”

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH yay.

27. ooh pujie June 14, 2008 11:36 am at 11:36 am

Bear wrote
    ooh pujie wrote lolz maybe restaurants should feature zombie fudz in honor

I know right? Oh, and you know something very disappointing? I went to Little Dragons for xia long bao… only to be told that they make it only SELDOMLY, special occassions. bah.

28. ChrisD28 June 14, 2008 4:22 pm at 4:22 pm

I feel stupider for having had to witness this . . .

Maybe this makes me a bit of a curmudgeon.

I can live with that.

29. knownzero June 14, 2008 4:40 pm at 4:40 pm

I wish I would have read this thread before going downtown this afternoon, I just about broke out my Zombie Survival Kit and went medieval on some zombies. Luckily, one of the zombies had a camera and I was all like ‘Wait a darn minute here, zombies don’t have cameras!’ Crisis averted.

:D

30. Rockmastermike June 14, 2008 4:42 pm at 4:42 pm

vestanpance wrote

oops sorry! : http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Juggalo

(edit: whoever wrote that REALLY does NOT like ICP… if you are easily offended by insulting language you might wanna just stay away from it. )

31. yaysockpuppet
    warmfuzzycoldscratchy June 14, 2008 5:09 pm at 5:09 pm

This was the most fun I’ve had in a long time!!! The only truly scary part was the dude in the wheelchair weaving in and out of traffic eating bloody boogers. He almost became a real, live dead guy several times.

32. bayrea June 14, 2008 6:48 pm at 6:48 pm

we were walking through the park this afternoon and checked out some zombie action. At one point they had zombie killers vs zombies. A bunch of people dressed in military gear shooting fake guns at zombies. If I didn’t know this event was happening I would have thought I was having a bad acid trip. Highlight of the zombie killing… one of the killers tried to get the crowd to shout the marine corp “who ah!” nobody said anything execpt me…. I just shouted “Braiiiiiinnnnnssss” everyone laughed…. good zombie times.

33. misskitty June 16, 2008 11:31 am at 11:31 am

vestanpance wrote I went to watch last year. A lot of Juggalo’s

ick

wow was that really a issue for you ? lol