The Top 10 Best Chefs in Columbus
The chef talent in Columbus is strong and growing stronger every day. Hundreds of local restaurants employ inventive kitchen talent to design dishes, craft menus and push the envelope for Columbus diners. This year, Skillet Chef/Owner Kevin Caskey was named by our readers and editors as the top chef of Central Ohio.
Since 2009, Skillet has been serving up breakfast, brunch and lunch five days a week from 410 East Whittier Street in the Schumacher Place neighborhood. The menu is seasonal and farm-driven, with dishes powered by as many local ingredients as possible. The food at Skillet has regularly been recognized by multiple media outlets (including Columbus Underground) as one of the top brunch destinations in the city, but the small restaurant only seats a handful of patrons at a time, so be prepared to wait for a table if you go during busy hours.
For more information, visit www.skilletruf.com.
The Top 10 Columbus Chefs of 2017:
- Kevin Caskey – Skillet
- Seth Lassak – Wolf’s Ridge Brewing
- Jack Moore – Watershed Kitchen + Bar
- Bill Glover – Gallerie Bar & Bistro
- Tyler Minnis – The Market Italian Village
- Avishar Barua – Service Bar
- Alana Shock – Jorgensen Farms
- Andrew Smith – Rockmill Tavern
- Johnny Dornback – Basi Italia
- Matt Heaggans – Ambrose & Eve
Note: Our “Best of 2017″ lists are published as the combined results of our annual Reader Nomination Survey and Editor’s Choice picks.