Now in its seventh year, the North Market’s Columbus Microbrew Festival is a staple three-day event for local beer enthusiasts. This year promises to be much bigger and better with two very significant upgrades.
First, the fest will now feature breweries from all over the state of Ohio in addition to local breweries. That includes beer from Cleveland, Cincinnati, Toledo, Akron and Zanesville.
Second, the festival is being relocated from the second floor inside the North Market, out onto Spruce Street located just north of the building in a configuration very similar to the annual North Market Ohio Food & Wine Festival.
“We’ve hosted nine breweries on the second floor of the North Market for a few years and knew that was the maximum we could accommodate,” says Mary Martineau, Director of Marketing at the North Market. “We’ve got a crop of new local breweries that we knew we wanted to invite and we’ve had interest from regional breweries who wanted to participate as well.”
The full list of participating breweries includes:
- Barley’s Brewing Company (Columbus)
- Barley’s Smokehouse & Brewpub (Columbus)
- Buckeye Lake Brewery (Buckeye Lake)
- Columbus Brewing Company (Columbus)
- Elevator Brewing Company (Columbus)
- Four String Brewing Company (Columbus)
- Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant (Columbus)
- Great Black Swamp Brewing Company (Toledo)
- Great Lakes Brewing Company (Cleveland)
- Hoof Hearted Brewing (Marengo)
- Mt. Carmel Brewing Company (Cincinnati)
- Neil House Brewery (Columbus)
- Thirsty Dog Brewing Company (Akron)
- Weasel Boy Brewing Company (Zanesville)
- Zauber Brewing Company (Columbus)
Representatives from each brewery will be on hand to talk shop and answer questions about their various products.
“We’ve got a burgeoning microbrew scene here in Columbus,” said Martineau. “We’ve ordered 7,000 pint glasses in anticipation of this weekend’s turnout.”
The North Market’s Columbus Microbrew Festival takes place Friday September 14th from 5pm to 9pm, Saturday September 15th from Noon to 8pm, and Sunday September 16th from Noon to 5pm.
More information can be found online at www.northmarket.com.