This article is brought to you by the Schottenstein Real Estate Group.
Central Ohio has experienced significant growth over the last 20 years and has drawn in people of all ages and backgrounds making it a very diverse and exciting city. But what does it really have to offer? Here are some of reasons we believe that central Ohio is one of the best places to live in 2013:
- Proximity to Top 100 Living Communities: Publications like Forbes and CNN and many more come out with an annual reports on the best places to live in the U.S. While the rankings of these communities change on a yearly basis, central Ohio has been featured a number of times over the past 10 years. Some communities that have been featured include; Westerville, Gahanna, Bexley, Dublin & Upper Arlington.
- Access to schools & colleges: Central Ohio has a wide variety of education options. Public school districts have been on the rise due to population growth and if that isn’t your preference, there are many accredited private schools to choose from as well. Some private schools in the mix are; St. Francis DeSales, St. Charles Preparatory & Columbus Academy. In terms of colleges, central Ohio may be the best place to start your search. Columbus is home to The Ohio State University, which is one of the largest and most respected public universities in the country. Aside from OSU, there are many other viable options within a two-hour radius of central Ohio. Some of these schools include; Ohio University, Miami University, Denison, Kenyon and Ohio Dominican.
- Sports: Central Ohio is one of the best places to be a sports fan. As mentioned before, it is home to The Ohio State Buckeyes who consistently have a solid fan base making their games a hot commodity on any given weekend. But aside from the Buckeyes, you have the Columbus Blue Jackets hockey team, who are well-known for having one of the nicest arenas (Nationwide Arena) and deliver one of the best fan experiences. Also, Huntington Bank Field is home to the Columbus Clippers, a minor league baseball team, making it possible for fans to enjoy America’s pastime in the comforts of the arena district. Last, but certainly not least, central Ohio is home of the Columbus Crew. This MLS team is crowd favorite and were league champs in 2008.
- Music/Entertainment: Central Ohio has one of the best entertainment scenes in the Midwest, only rivaled by cities like Chicago and Indianapolis. Mainstream headliners like Maroon 5 and The Who can be seen at venues like the Schottenstein Center which is located just off of Ohio State’s campus. Other venues like the Newport Music Hall offer concerts almost every day of the week for music palate of any avid concert goer. However, if music isn’t really your thing, other options like COSI science museum and Jack Hanna’s Columbus Zoo & Aquarium offer great experiences for the whole family.
- Shopping: We all have to shop at some point and central Ohio does not fail to deliver on it’s options of places to spend a little extra cash. Easton Town Center and Polaris Mall are the premier shopping locations in central Ohio. With their extensive layouts, it would be nearly impossible to not find what your looking for in these merchandise oasis.
We love our city for these reasons and we believe you will too. Don’t think our list is complete? Feel free to comment on our Facebook or Twitter (@sre_group) and tell us what you believe makes central Ohio a great place to live.
This article was brought to you by the Schottenstein Real Estate Group.
The Schottenstein Real Estate Group has the distinct honor of being the only three time Developer of the Year chosen by the Building Industry Association (BIA), SRE Group is respected as one of the leaders in the real estate industry. We are dedicated to creating exceptional communities for living, working, shopping and entertainment. Our key personnel have developed, marketed and managed more than 10,000 for sale homes or condominiums, more than 25,000 rental units and a variety of commercial, retail, land and office projects throughout the Midwest and Florida.
More information about The Schottenstein Real Estate Group can be found at www.sregroup.com.
Photo by Matt Ellis Photography.