Our City Online

Civics / Politics

Watch The Second Presidential Debate Online

Walker Evans Walker Evans
Decrease Font Size Increase Font Size Text Size Print This Page
  • Sumo

Once again, NBC News is streaming the Presidential debate LIVE via YouTube, starting at 9pm, and once again, we’ll be following along here on Columbus Underground, Facebook and Twitter.

While the second debate takes place just 13 days after the first, the political landscape appears to be in a much different situation. Polling analysis website FiveThirtyEight projected the race as a close one as we headed into the first debate, with Clinton having a 54.8 percent likelihood of winning over Donald Trump’s 45.2 percent. Today, the site projects that Clinton’s lead has widened to an 82 percent change of winning while Trump’s chances have dropped to 18 percent.

Many political analysts have stated that the changes can most likely be attributed to the performances in the first debate itself, revelations of multiple lewd comments made by Trump over the past two decades, which has cost him support from many national Republican leaders, and the continued endorsements of Hillary Clinton from national news organizations.

Stay tuned for additional updates as tonight’s debate progresses.

 

clinton-trump-poll

president

 

Tags:

politics categories